- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Salman Khan’s ‘Sultan’ enters Rs 500-cr Bollywood club
MUMBAI: There is no beating Salman Khan. ‘Sultan’ has entered the elite Rs 500 crore (Rs 5 billion) Bollywood club, sharing room with three others.
‘Sultan’ has become the fastest box officer runner to reach the Rs 500-crore mark, beating Aamir Khan’s ‘PK’. The other Bollywood films to have crossed this milestone are Dhoom 3 (Rs 542 crore), Bajrangi Bhaijaan (Rs 626 crore) and PK (Rs 792 crore).
Yash Raj Films, producer of ‘Sultan’, tweeted the 12-day worldwide box office collection of the Salman-Anushka starrer. “Shattering box office records like a true SULTAN!”
‘Sultan’ has mopped up Rs 267.31 crore (Rs 2.67 billion) at the domestic box office. On Monday, the movie collected Rs 4.08 crore (Rs 40.8 million).