- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Salman Khan’s ‘Sultan’ enters Rs 500-cr Bollywood club
MUMBAI: There is no beating Salman Khan. ‘Sultan’ has entered the elite Rs 500 crore (Rs 5 billion) Bollywood club, sharing room with three others.
‘Sultan’ has become the fastest box officer runner to reach the Rs 500-crore mark, beating Aamir Khan’s ‘PK’. The other Bollywood films to have crossed this milestone are Dhoom 3 (Rs 542 crore), Bajrangi Bhaijaan (Rs 626 crore) and PK (Rs 792 crore).
Yash Raj Films, producer of ‘Sultan’, tweeted the 12-day worldwide box office collection of the Salman-Anushka starrer. “Shattering box office records like a true SULTAN!”
‘Sultan’ has mopped up Rs 267.31 crore (Rs 2.67 billion) at the domestic box office. On Monday, the movie collected Rs 4.08 crore (Rs 40.8 million).