- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
Rozita Lotfi is BBC Persian head
MUMBAI: Rozita Lotfi has been appointed as the new head of the BBC Persian Service.
Lotfi takes over from Sadeq Saba, who has decided to step down after 26 years with the BBC. She will begin her new role on 25 January.
Lotfi said, “It’s a huge honour to become head of the service, just a couple of weeks after BBC Persian celebrated its 75th anniversary. I want to build on our weekly audience of 15 million on TV, radio and online – and maintain our position as a trusted provider of impartial news and information in Iran, Afghanistan and Tajikistan and for diaspora audiences around the world. We already have a strong following on social media and we will continue to innovate to make our interaction with our audiences as rich and rewarding as possible.”
Lotfi joined BBC Persian as a producer in 1996 and has worked in various editorial roles. She was a member of the launch team for the BBC Persian TV channel in 2009 and has worked in World Service English, BBC World News television, and with the director of World Service Group. Her most recent role was news editor for Persian Radio and TV.
BBC Persian is a multimedia news and current affairs service, providing news, information and analysis from a global perspective for Persian speakers. Produced in London, BBC Persian delivers a TV, online and social media service 24 hours a day, as well as having a daily radio programme.
BBC Persian TV broadcasts factual programmes as well as strands on music, arts and culture, science, technology and sport available via satellite transmission and streamed live online on bbcpersian.com and youtube.com/BBCPersian.