- India’s top 5 OTT services saw 100% growth in monthly user base in H1 2017
- 'Peepli Live' Co-Director Mahmood Farooqui Acquitted In Rape Case
- BHU Molestation: Police Allegedly Thrash Female Students Demanding A Safe Campus
- US Supreme Court has option to duck Trump's travel ban ruling
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- PV Sindhu Nominated For Padma Bhushan By Sports Ministry
- Assets Worth 1.16 Crores Linked To Karti Chidambaram Are Seized
Ronnie Screwvala to spin TV shows around Kabaddi
MUMBAI: Media entrepreneur Ronnie Screwvala is planning to spin media properties around Kabaddi, including a television show.
Already owning Pro Kabaddi League Mumbai franchise UMumba, Screwala is looking to make a mobile game around the contact sport. The aim will be to initially build brands out of some recognisable U Mumba players such as Anup Kumar and Shabeer Bapu, The Economic Times reported.
Screwvala will also develop an animation series. It will be a young kid underdog story, a feel-good kind of animation series where characters from the U Mumba team will guide this kid, the protagonist. “Eventually , we want to create characters. The idea is that kids should play this in school, make it more of an aspirational sport,” he told the financial daily.
The live action TV series will focus on three friends who come from three different states. It will narrate how their lives intertwine, through kabaddi. “Our experience also teaches us that if you want a game to arrive, you want to have a big screen attachment to it. So, therefore, a movie is also being planned,” Screwvala told the daily.