- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
Rohit Bansal resigns as non‐executive director of TV18
MUMBAI: Media executive Rohit Bansal resigned as additional non-executive director on the TV18 board of directors with effect from 1 May.
“TV18 Broadcast Ltd has informed BSE that Mr Rohit Bansal has expressed his inability to continue on the board of directors of the company due to his other commitments. Accordingly, he ceases to be a director of the company, w.e.f. 1 May 2016,” TV18 informed the BSE.
An alumnus of the Harvard Business School and St Stephen’s College, Bansal has served on the board of the News Broadcasters Association. He has also been the resident editor of The Financial Express, New Delhi. He served as managing editor and later COO of Independent News Service.
Bansal also had stints as Zee News business editor, Television18 special correspondent and The Times of India senior business correspondent.