- Infosys MD & CEO Vishal Sikka resigns, Pravin Rao interim chief
- Rescue Hyderabad minor from Omani sheikh: Maneka Gandhi to Sushma Swaraj
- After SBI, now HDFC Bank and Yes Bank cut interest rate on savings
- Election Commissioner speaks out: 'Winning at all cost, without ethics, is new normal in politics'
- Karti Chidambaram says will appear before CBI on August 23, seeks protection
- USS Fitzgerald captain during collision that killed 7 to lose command
Riteish Deshmukh replaces Kapil Sharma in YRF’s ‘Bank Chor’
MUMBAI: Close on the heels of Yash Raj Films (YRF) and comic artist Kapil Sharma parting ways, the former has announced that Riteish Deshmukh will be the new male lead of Y-Films’ ‘Bank Chor’.
Earlier, Sharma was to play the role. However, because of his commitment to Colors’ ‘Comedy Nights With Kapil’, he wasn’t able to take out time for the film.
‘Bank Chor’, YRF said, is scheduled to go on the floors immediately and is planned for an early 2015 release.
YRF business and creative head, Youth Films, Brand Partnerships & Talent Management Ashish Patil said, “Riteish is one of the most exciting actors of today. From villainy to action in his upcoming ‘Lai Bhaari’, there’s nothing he can’t do! And with ‘Bank Chor’, Riteish is in a zone that’s a serious strength – comedy! He adds the scale, madness and weight that this project deserves. The audiences are in for one helluva ride now!”
Added Deshmukh, “Loved the script. Loved the character. Loved the team. I’ve always liked to push the envelope with the choices I make. This film allows me to potentially rip it apart. Watch out, there’s a new Bank Chor in town!”
‘Bank Chor’ is a comic-caper that tells the story of three morons trying to rob a bank who pick the worst day possible when everything that can go wrong goes wrong, and how they’re inadvertently caught in the crossfire of cops, industrialists and corrupt netas. ‘Bank Chor’ is directed by Bumpy and produced by Ashish Patil.