- Rajasthan govt's criminal laws ordinance challenged in HC
- Flipkart in talks with Swiggy, UrbanClap and UrbanLadder for buyouts
- UGC decision may reduce SC/ST, OBC faculty posts
- Supreme Court asks government to consider regulating playing of National Anthem
- Asthana's appointment destroying CBI's independence: Prashant Bhushan
- Bilkis Bano case: SC asks Gujarat to apprise it on departmental action against convicted policemen
Rishi Jaitly joins Times Internet as Times Global Partners CEO
MUMBAI: The Times Group has appointed former Twitter India head Rishi Jaitly as Times Global Partners CEO.
Jaitly was earlier with micro blogging site Twitter as VP Asia Pacific, Middle East North Africa. At Twitter, Jaitly led the company’s entry into India.
Jaitly said, “My mission has always been to harness the power of technology and media to ensure we fully realise the untapped potential of people, communities and markets. Joining Bennett Coleman as CEO of Times Global Partners advances my mission and the work of building bridges to and within India. Expanding on the success Times Global Partners has already enjoyed, I’m looking forward to building a global business that creates value for The Times Group and global business partners who share in our excitement for the India opportunity.”
Times Internet vice chairman Satyan Gajwani said, “We are thrilled to welcome Rishi to the Times Group. In the last decade, under Rishi’s leadership, both Twitter and Google have successfully entered the Indian market, immersing themselves in every segment of the country’s business, media and digital landscapes. With Times’ resources and Rishi’s global perspective, capabilities and proven ability to lead, we are well positioned to enable the success of global companies in India and scale our business by orders of magnitude. For our current partners, and those to come, the India opportunity remains unmatched and we are pleased that Times Global Partners has become the bridge of choice into and within India.”