- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
Republic TV claims to have crossed 1 mn viewers on Hotstar within a day of launch
MUMBAI: Arnab Goswami’s Republic TV has claimed that it has crossed one million viewers on Hotstar within a day of its launch.
Hotstar, India’s leading streaming platform, and Republic had announced a strategic partnership early last week to shape the future of news online.
In a first, Hotstar opened up its platform for a third-party content provider and introduced news as a distinct category on the platform.
Republic said that its reach, on Hotstar alone, exceeded that of the top English news channels on television, including Times Now, India Today TV, CNN News18 and NDTV 24×7, among both the urban M15+ audience and viewers in the top 60 cities in India.
Commenting on the same, Hotstar CEO Ajit Mohan said, “This is an exciting start and is a testimony to the impactful launch of Republic and the strength of the Hotstar platform, which has become the de facto destination for young, Digital India.”
Republic TV CEO Vikas Khanchandani said, “Republic will be the largest and most impactful news platform. We are excited to partner Hotstar and bring in an entirely new audience to the Republic community. We are also thrilled to have taken a leadership position on debut itself.”