- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Rentrak partners Cinepolis for movie measurement
MUMBAI: Film and TV measurement provider Rentrak has launched its box-office service to report daily theatre-level information for Cinepolis, the third-largest multiplex operator in India, in terms of box-office revenues.
With the recent acquisition of Mumai-based Fun Cinemas, Cinepolis now has nearly 200 screens in 31 cities across India. The addition of Cinepolis boosts Rentrak’s efforts in India, where it launched its services to track movie box-office revenues with Aamir Khan-starrer ‘PK’.
Rentrak’s worldwide movie measurement business president Ron Giambra said, “India is one of the fastest-growing theatrical markets and our measurement is vital to helping serve their clients. We look forward to our partnership with Cinepolis and expanding as they continue to add more screens.”
Rentrak’s Box Office Essentials and International Box Office Essentials offer global box-office intelligence and are used as the currency by every studio in the US as well as distribution entities around the world. Rentrak claims to provide real-time box-office intelligence through a unique system that allows users to view real-time online reports from anywhere around the world.
Cinepolis India MD Javier Sotomayor said, “India is a very exciting market with tremendous passion for cinema. When this passion can be measured accurately in real time and understood in terms of box-office analytics, it will pave way for greater growth in the industry and better movie products for the country as a whole.”
Cienpolis India business head strategic initiatives Devang Sampat said, “At Cinepolis, we have pioneered several initiatives to enhance the movie watching experience of the audiences and have always upheld best practices in the business of cinema. We are delighted to partner Rentrak in this initiative to herald an era of transparency in the Indian movie industry.”