- Jallikattu stir turns violent; over 90 cops injured, 40 held
- Karnataka CM Siddarmaiah bats for revocation of ban on Kambala, mulls ordinance
- 162 Crores Of Unexplained Assets For Congress Leaders, One Is A Minister
- Arvind Kejriwal accuses the Election Commission of promoting bribery
- As Priyanka Gandhi is hailed for alliance with SP, husband Robert Vadra calls Rahul Gandhi 'youth icon'
- Don't announce any scheme for poll-bound states in Union Budget, EC tells government
- Jallikattu: Chennai cops 'vandalise' property, caught on tape
- Ola appoints Vishal Kaul as Chief Operating Officer
- Sweden: Gang rape streamed live on Facebook, three suspects arrested
- Triple Talaq: Law panel studies practices of Muslim nations
Reliance Jio’s TV channel offering shoots up to 412 in Dec
MUMBAI: Jio TV, Reliance Jio’s over-the-top (OTT) app, has expanded its TV channel offering to 412. This is an increase of 44 channels over the 368 channels that it was offering in September.
The current offering brings Jio TV on a par with any direct-to-home (DTH) or multi-system operator (MSO). No other mobile TV has such a large offering as Jio. Even Zee Entertainment Enterprises’ (ZEEL) live TV app dittoTV does not have channels from all the broadcasters like Star India or Sun TV.
Jio TV, on the contrary, has channels from virtually all the top broadcasters in India including Star India, ZEEL, Sony Pictures Networks India (SPNI), TV18, Viacom18, Sun TV Network, Discovery Networks India, Turner India, TV Today Network, ABP News Network and NDTV.
The mobile TV app has added 18 news channels, nine entertainment channels, six devotional channels, four movie channels and three music channels.
The number of news channels on the platform has jumped to 130 from 112 in September. It has also added nine entertainment channels to take the offering to 99. The number of Jio TV’s movie and music channels has increased to 36 and 34 respectively. The devotional channel count has increased to 27 from 21.
Jio has also added two lifestyle channels besides one infotainment business news channel. The number of lifestyle, business and infotainment channels stand at 25, 12 and 8 respectively.
Jio TV allows its users to watch live TV channels and the past seven days’ programmes on any device, any time. Besides live TV channels, Jio TV is the exclusive digital partner of Star India’s video-on-demand (VoD) service Hotstar. Jio TV has seen 10–50 million installs on Android.
Reliance Jio Infocomm had claimed to have crossed 50 million subscribers in just 83 days from commencement of services on 5 September 2016.
The company has also launched ‘Jio Happy New Year Offer’ on 4 December, under which all Jio subscribers will be entitled to free data, voice, video and the full bouquet of Jio applications and content, absolutely free, up to 31 March 2017.
The applications comprising Jio TV, Jio Cinema, Jio Music, Jio Mags, JioXpress News, Jio Cloud and Jio Money are worth Rs 1,250 a month.