- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
Reliance Jio sweetens offer to Prime members with 5GB extra free data
MUMBAI: Reliance Jio has unveiled a data plan for its Prime members that will offer extra 5GB (worth Rs 201) data beyond the originally proposed 28GB to those recharging with Rs 303.
Until now, Prime members, on payment of Rs 303 per month and a one-time joining fee of Rs 99, would be entitled to unlimited text messages, free voice calls (STD and roaming) and 28GB data at 4G speeds, subject to a usage cap of 1GB a day, with a 28-day validity.
So with the sweetened offer, subscribers who breach the 1GB daily limit would not face slowdown in speeds till the purchase of more data. They are given the new 5GB data pool.
The plan is similar to those recharging with Rs 499 and above. Subscribers would now get additional 10GB (worth Rs 301) data, over the promised 56GB (or 2GB per day limit). The extra data pool is only valid for the first month.
The customers have to sign up for Prime Membership by 31 March.
Reliance Jio recently announced that it had crossed 100 million subscribers in 170 days of launch. During the announcement, Reliance Industries chairman Mukesh Ambani had announced a slew of offers, including 20% more data than any rival, starting April.