- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Reliance Entertainment’s Amblin Partners promotes Chris Floyd to COO
MUMBAI: Amblin Partners, a company in which Anil Ambani’s Reliance Entertainment has stake, has promoted Chris Floyd to chief operating officer and general counsel.
Previously, he served as general counsel and head of business affairs, having joined the company (then DreamWorks Studios) in 2007.
Amblin Partners is a content creation company formed by DreamWorks Studios, Participant Media, Reliance Entertainment and Entertainment One (eOne). The company develops and produces films using the Amblin, DreamWorks Pictures and Participant banners and includes Amblin Television, a longtime leader in quality programming.
In making the announcement, CEO Michael Wright and president, co-CEO Jeff Small said, “Chris has been an integral part of our team for many years and his superb judgment and wise counsel have served us incredibly well. We are very happy to recognize his many contributions and to expand his role as we look to the future.”
Floyd, a key member of the team that helped create Amblin Partners in December 2015, will continue to oversee business and legal affairs, as well as all corporate legal matters, and will add oversight of international distribution and various other operations of the company, reporting to Wright and Small.
Prior to DreamWorks Studios, Floyd was Universal Pictures senior VP business affairs where he negotiated individual talent agreements, producer term deals and co-financing arrangements for the motion picture group. He also handled all business affairs activities for many on-lot producers including Playtone and Double Feature Films.