- '84 riots: SC forms body to examine SIT decision to close 199 cases
- China Uses Chequebook Diplomacy To Sideline India In Nepal
- NDRF rescues 28000, including 6 pregnant women, from floods
- Rahul Gandhi launches Indira Canteen project in Bengaluru
- Just by fulfilling its commitment to SC, Trai can bring down mobile call rates by half
- Google to Pay Apple $3 Billion to Remain Default iOS Device Search Engine
- Daniel Craig confirmed as 007 in upcoming James Bond film Bond 25
Reliance Broadcast Network elevates Ashwin Padmanabhan to COO
MUMBAI: Reliance Broadcast Network Ltd (RBNL) has elevated its executive vice president and business head Ashwin Padmanabhan to chief operating officer of the network.
The elevation is a natural move as Padmanabhan was already handling the network’s television and radio business in his prior role.
He now fills the shoes of Lavneesh Gupta, who had quit the organisation in May this year. Padmanabhan will continue to report to RBNL CEO Tarun Katial.
In May, after the resignation of Gupta, RBNL had reshuffled its management team by assigning additional responsibilities to its senior members including chief financial officer Asheesh Chatterjee, who was made EVP to look at new opportunities and expansion plans in addition to finance and regulatory affairs.
Padmanabhan, who was Big FM business head, was elevated to EVP and business head to oversee the network’s television channels Big Magic and Big Magic Ganga, in addition to handling his existing mandate for Big FM.
Besides these, Sunil Kumaran was elevated to the role of chief strategy officer for revenue, product, and marketing for both mediums, while Paritosh Painter was made network creative director for both mediums. The network had announced Painter’s elevation earlier this February.