- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
Reliance Broadcast Network elevates Ashwin Padmanabhan to COO
MUMBAI: Reliance Broadcast Network Ltd (RBNL) has elevated its executive vice president and business head Ashwin Padmanabhan to chief operating officer of the network.
The elevation is a natural move as Padmanabhan was already handling the network’s television and radio business in his prior role.
He now fills the shoes of Lavneesh Gupta, who had quit the organisation in May this year. Padmanabhan will continue to report to RBNL CEO Tarun Katial.
In May, after the resignation of Gupta, RBNL had reshuffled its management team by assigning additional responsibilities to its senior members including chief financial officer Asheesh Chatterjee, who was made EVP to look at new opportunities and expansion plans in addition to finance and regulatory affairs.
Padmanabhan, who was Big FM business head, was elevated to EVP and business head to oversee the network’s television channels Big Magic and Big Magic Ganga, in addition to handling his existing mandate for Big FM.
Besides these, Sunil Kumaran was elevated to the role of chief strategy officer for revenue, product, and marketing for both mediums, while Paritosh Painter was made network creative director for both mediums. The network had announced Painter’s elevation earlier this February.