- Strong 6.9 magnitude earthquake hits Tibet near India-China border
- Navy Says Genitalia Air Display 'Absolutely Unacceptable'
- Moody's Withdraws RCom's Corporate Family Rating On 'Default'
- Sushil Kumar strolls to national gold with three walkovers
- Madras High Court confirms two-year jail term of Natarajan in 1994 car import case
Reliance Broadcast Network elevates Ashwin Padmanabhan to COO
MUMBAI: Reliance Broadcast Network Ltd (RBNL) has elevated its executive vice president and business head Ashwin Padmanabhan to chief operating officer of the network.
The elevation is a natural move as Padmanabhan was already handling the network’s television and radio business in his prior role.
He now fills the shoes of Lavneesh Gupta, who had quit the organisation in May this year. Padmanabhan will continue to report to RBNL CEO Tarun Katial.
In May, after the resignation of Gupta, RBNL had reshuffled its management team by assigning additional responsibilities to its senior members including chief financial officer Asheesh Chatterjee, who was made EVP to look at new opportunities and expansion plans in addition to finance and regulatory affairs.
Padmanabhan, who was Big FM business head, was elevated to EVP and business head to oversee the network’s television channels Big Magic and Big Magic Ganga, in addition to handling his existing mandate for Big FM.
Besides these, Sunil Kumaran was elevated to the role of chief strategy officer for revenue, product, and marketing for both mediums, while Paritosh Painter was made network creative director for both mediums. The network had announced Painter’s elevation earlier this February.