- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
Reliance Broadcast Network COO Ashwin Padmanabhan resigns
MUMBAI: Reliance Broadcast Network Ltd (RBNL) chief operating officer Ashwin Padmanabhan has put in his papers. He is presently serving his notice period and will stay with the company until mid-June.
Confirming the news, Padmanabhan stated that he would be exploring new opportunities in the news media space. “I have learnt a lot during my 11 years of association with RBNL. It has been an extremely rewarding experience and I am hoping to use this experience in the next phase of my career. I haven’t decided yet, but there are few thoughts as I am planning to explore new verticals to further enhance my talent,” he adds.
As COO of RBNL, Padmanabhan was responsible for the overall operations of the radio and TV business of the company. He is known for his combination of dynamic technical skills and proficient sales knowledge. He was also business head for 92.7 Big FM and also took care of the television channels Big Magic and Big Magic Ganga.
Padmanabhan has been part of RBNL since its inception. He joined as the Hyderabad station head in 2006 and held many senior positions before taking up the role of COO.
Besides RBNL, he also had stints at Visage Media Services and iLabs Ltd. He had also worked in diverse business sectors including petrochemical, media and other services.
He holds an engineering degree along with an MBA from the Bharathidasan Institute of Management, Tiruchirappalli.