- Infosys MD & CEO Vishal Sikka resigns, Pravin Rao interim chief
- Rescue Hyderabad minor from Omani sheikh: Maneka Gandhi to Sushma Swaraj
- After SBI, now HDFC Bank and Yes Bank cut interest rate on savings
- Election Commissioner speaks out: 'Winning at all cost, without ethics, is new normal in politics'
- Karti Chidambaram says will appear before CBI on August 23, seeks protection
- USS Fitzgerald captain during collision that killed 7 to lose command
Relativity-B4U’s upcoming comedy ‘Masterminds’ will now release on 9 October
MUMBAI: Relativity and B4U’s upcoming comedy heist ‘Masterminds’ will now release on 9 October. Earlier, the scheduled release date was 21 August.
The film stars Zach Galifianakis, Kristen Wiig and Owen Wilson. Based on the 1997 Loomis Fargo Robbery in North Carolina, ‘Masterminds’ is directed by Jared Hess and written by Chris Bowman, Jody Hill, Danny McBride, Hubbel Palmer and Emily Spivey.
The reason for the delay in the release date is unknown.
As reported earlier by TelevisionPost.com, the expansion plans of the JV between Relativity Media and B4U will be impacted. Relativity Media is going through a rough financial patch.
Toronto-based Catalyst Capital Group has acquired all of Relativity’s senior secured debt amounting to $150 million. Besides, the Canadian investment firm is investing $170 million of equity. However, Relativity Media is not free of its clutch of debt-holders, including Colbeck Capital, and is in negotiations with them for a one-year payment extension.
Relativity Media will need to focus on bigger issues rather than spread thin its resources.