- Fashion TV working on India linear, SVOD launch by 2018-end
- Baggage tow tractor rams into Air India plane at IGI
- Reliance says Jio to turn profitable 'shortly'
- Presence of outsider in Talwars' flat cannot be ruled out: HC on Aarushi case
- Gauri Lankesh murder: Suspects' sketches released but SIT has nothing else
Relativity, B4U announce first film
MUMBAI: Relativity Media, a US next-generation media company, and B4U, a Bollywood film and television network, have announced their first Hollywood film, ‘The Best of Me’.
The parties had formed a JV earlier this year to leverage their combined expertise, relationships and resources to create and distribute long- and short-form entertainment and sports content in India for a variety of mediums including film, television and digital.
Relativity-B4U’s first Hollywood distribution film ‘The Best of Me’ is slated to hit the theatres on 31 October 2014. Directed by Michael Hoffman (‘One Fine Day’, ‘A Midsummer Night’s Dream’), the film is based on a novel by Nicholas Sparks’ ‘The Notebook’. The film stars James Marsden and Michelle Monaghan.
‘The Best of Me’ tells the story of Dawson and Amanda, two former high-school sweethearts who find themselves reunited after 20 years apart, when they return to their small town for the funeral of a beloved friend. Their bittersweet reunion reignites the love they’ve never forgotten, but soon they discover that the forces that drove them apart 20 years ago still live on, posing even more serious threats today.