- Trinamool Congress leading in municipal polls
- CoA tells Supreme Court: Sack BCCI's top three office-bearers
- Chandigarh: 10-year-old rape survivor denied abortion by Supreme Court gives birth to a girl
- Gujarat police officers Amin and Barot quit
- After controversy, DD denies blacking out Tripura CM, says speech was aired
- Sierra Leone mourns 100 children among dead in massive flooding
RC Venkateish is new president of DTH Association
MUMBAI: The DTH Operators Association of India, the apex body representing all the private DTH operators, has selected Dish TV CEO RC Venkateish as its new president. Videocon d2h CEO Anil Khera will be vice president.
Talking to TelevisionPost.com after the AGM of the association, Venkateish said, “We will have a separate administration office for the association in New Delhi. While we will share the full agenda soon, first and foremost will be the rationalisation of the tax structure of the DTH industry. Also on the cards will be the issue of licence fee and the demand for a level playing field for the DTH industry which has made such huge investments in digitisation.”
There are currently six private DTH operators in India which include Dish TV, Tata Sky, Videocon d2h, Airtel Digital TV, Sun Direct and Reliance Digital TV. State-run Prasar Bharati also operates Free Dish (earlier DD Direct Plus), a free-to-air DTH service.