- RBI to issue new Rs 200 note tomorrow
- SC declares right to privacy as Fundamental right
- Swine flu kills 1094 in India in 8 months
- Liquor stocks gain after Supreme Court clarifies on Highway liquor ban
- The charge that Narayana Murthy forced Vishal Sikka to resign is a lie
- BJP attacks Mamata, says CM trying to create divide among religions
Rajesh Wadhawan Group enters film production biz, ropes in Ajay Kapoor to spearhead the vertical
MUMBAI: Rajesh Wadhawan Group, which has interests in finance, real estate, hospitality and sports, is foraying into the Hindi film production business.
The entertainment vertical of the group will be spearheaded by former T-Series executive Ajay Kapoor.
Kapoor, who had a 15-year stint at T-Series, is known to have churned out box office hits like ‘Ready’, ‘Tum Bin’, ‘Bhool Bhulaiya’, ‘Roy’, ‘Bhootnath Returns’, ‘Baby’, ‘Airlift’ and ‘Hate Story’.
Rajesh Wadhawan Group vice chairman Dheeraj Wadhawan said, “Ajay’s vast experience and work makes him a major force to reckon with in the industry. We welcome him to our family and hope his vision and leadership skills will create a strong foundation for our production house.”
Talking about his new role, Kapoor said: “T-Series has given me a lot of love, strength and recognition in the market. It is time I took the experience I have gained and make use of it into exploring newer and bigger opportunities. I share the vision of this group’s foray into the film production business and hope to make a difference together as envisioned.”