- ACT Fibernet rolls-out 1 Gbps plan in Bengaluru after Hyderabad
- Vishnu Shankar takes charge as &TV business head
- Unitech Shares Plunge 13% As Supreme Court Stays NCLT Order
- Tax department probes unregulated bitcoin exchanges after valuations jump
- Coal scam: Fmr Jharkhand CM Madhu Koda, Fmr coal Secy held guilty
- Deadline for linking PAN with Aadhaar was extended to March 31, 2018
Rajesh Wadhawan Group enters film production biz, ropes in Ajay Kapoor to spearhead the vertical
MUMBAI: Rajesh Wadhawan Group, which has interests in finance, real estate, hospitality and sports, is foraying into the Hindi film production business.
The entertainment vertical of the group will be spearheaded by former T-Series executive Ajay Kapoor.
Kapoor, who had a 15-year stint at T-Series, is known to have churned out box office hits like ‘Ready’, ‘Tum Bin’, ‘Bhool Bhulaiya’, ‘Roy’, ‘Bhootnath Returns’, ‘Baby’, ‘Airlift’ and ‘Hate Story’.
Rajesh Wadhawan Group vice chairman Dheeraj Wadhawan said, “Ajay’s vast experience and work makes him a major force to reckon with in the industry. We welcome him to our family and hope his vision and leadership skills will create a strong foundation for our production house.”
Talking about his new role, Kapoor said: “T-Series has given me a lot of love, strength and recognition in the market. It is time I took the experience I have gained and make use of it into exploring newer and bigger opportunities. I share the vision of this group’s foray into the film production business and hope to make a difference together as envisioned.”