- Nokia, IIT-Delhi to Use AI to Make Networks More Reliable
- Bitcoin triggers ponzi fear: Government in a huddle, plans crackdown
- Minister Faces Angry Passengers On Delayed Flight. Air India Suspends 3
- SC allows Vodafone to initiate second arbitration over $2 bn tax demand
- INS Kalvari submarine affirms Make in India's giant strides: MDL
- Over 600 fishermen of TN, Kerala still missing after cyclone
- Dalit woman rape case: Kerala court awards death sentence to labourer
Raghav Bahl’s Quintillion invests in news portal The News Minute
MUMBAI: Bangalore-based Spunklane Media, which runs South India-focused news portal The News Minute (TNM), has raised an undisclosed amount in angel funding from Raghav Bahl and Ritu Kapur digital venture Quintillion Media, which runs the mobile-first news platform The Quint.
This is the third major investment by Quintillion Media. Earlier, it had invested Rs 4 crore (Rs 40 million) in YKA Media, the company that runs online news and views portal YouthKiAwaaz. It had also backed sheroes.in, a career community for women.
Raghav Bahl and Ritu Kapur will join the company’s board.
“Our main focus is growing the audience. We have to develop a larger captive audience, increase our engagement with them on social platforms. We also aim to produce content that is qualitatively better and gets better leverage out of our existing talents,” said Vignesh Vellore.
The News Minute is a news and media digital platform bringing together original content with a focus on the five southern states—Andhra, Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu and Telangana. It was launched in 2014 by Chitra Subramaniam, Dhanya Rajendran and Vignesh Vellore.
The portal hosts diverse content ranging from news pieces and breaking news to opinions and blogs.