- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
Raghav Bahl’s Quintillion invests in news portal The News Minute
MUMBAI: Bangalore-based Spunklane Media, which runs South India-focused news portal The News Minute (TNM), has raised an undisclosed amount in angel funding from Raghav Bahl and Ritu Kapur digital venture Quintillion Media, which runs the mobile-first news platform The Quint.
This is the third major investment by Quintillion Media. Earlier, it had invested Rs 4 crore (Rs 40 million) in YKA Media, the company that runs online news and views portal YouthKiAwaaz. It had also backed sheroes.in, a career community for women.
Raghav Bahl and Ritu Kapur will join the company’s board.
“Our main focus is growing the audience. We have to develop a larger captive audience, increase our engagement with them on social platforms. We also aim to produce content that is qualitatively better and gets better leverage out of our existing talents,” said Vignesh Vellore.
The News Minute is a news and media digital platform bringing together original content with a focus on the five southern states—Andhra, Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu and Telangana. It was launched in 2014 by Chitra Subramaniam, Dhanya Rajendran and Vignesh Vellore.
The portal hosts diverse content ranging from news pieces and breaking news to opinions and blogs.