- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Radio Mirchi to provide live-and-delayed updates for ICC T20 WC
MUMBAI: Radio Mirchi has partnered with the ICC’s global audio rights partner Channel 2 Group to become the official ICC Twenty20 World Cup 2016 live-and-delayed updates partner for India.
As the official live updates partner, Radio Mirchi will broadcast match-related updates for its listeners on the go. It will also run contests and selected winners will get tickets for the grand finale. Some lucky listeners can even get clicked with the trophy during Radio Mirchi’s four-city trophy tour.
Speaking about this partnership, Radio Mirchi COO Mahesh Shetty said, “We are truly excited about the partnership we have forged with Channel 2 and ICC for the T20 World Cup. It has always been our endeavour to give our listeners unique experiences and this association will help us deliver World Cup excitement in a very Mirchidaar manner. In addition to match updates, we have some really exciting promotions lined up, which will not only interest our listeners, but also provide value to the sponsors who have come on board to support this initiative.”
Speaking about this partnership, Channel 2 Group Corporation chairman Ajay Sethi said, “We are delighted to license Radio Mirchi as official ICC T20 Live-and-Delayed Updates Partner. We will fight against piracy in India for updates—live and delayed, and misuse of rights. With the support of the ICC, we will be able to stop FM stations and sponsors who use these rights illegally.”