- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Radio Mirchi to provide live-and-delayed updates for ICC T20 WC
MUMBAI: Radio Mirchi has partnered with the ICC’s global audio rights partner Channel 2 Group to become the official ICC Twenty20 World Cup 2016 live-and-delayed updates partner for India.
As the official live updates partner, Radio Mirchi will broadcast match-related updates for its listeners on the go. It will also run contests and selected winners will get tickets for the grand finale. Some lucky listeners can even get clicked with the trophy during Radio Mirchi’s four-city trophy tour.
Speaking about this partnership, Radio Mirchi COO Mahesh Shetty said, “We are truly excited about the partnership we have forged with Channel 2 and ICC for the T20 World Cup. It has always been our endeavour to give our listeners unique experiences and this association will help us deliver World Cup excitement in a very Mirchidaar manner. In addition to match updates, we have some really exciting promotions lined up, which will not only interest our listeners, but also provide value to the sponsors who have come on board to support this initiative.”
Speaking about this partnership, Channel 2 Group Corporation chairman Ajay Sethi said, “We are delighted to license Radio Mirchi as official ICC T20 Live-and-Delayed Updates Partner. We will fight against piracy in India for updates—live and delayed, and misuse of rights. With the support of the ICC, we will be able to stop FM stations and sponsors who use these rights illegally.”