- RBI to issue new Rs 200 note tomorrow
- SC declares right to privacy as Fundamental right
- Swine flu kills 1094 in India in 8 months
- Liquor stocks gain after Supreme Court clarifies on Highway liquor ban
- The charge that Narayana Murthy forced Vishal Sikka to resign is a lie
- BJP attacks Mamata, says CM trying to create divide among religions
PVR showcasing Oscar nominated films across 23 cities
MUMBAI: Multiplex chain PVR Cinemas has launched PVR Oscar Film Festival to showcase films that have been nominated for this year’s Academy Awards. The film fest runs from 6 to 12 February.
The films will be shown in 23 Indian cities including Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Bangalore, Pune, Chandigarh, Nagpur, Dehradun, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Kochi and more.
The films include ‘Mr Turner’, ‘Foxcatcher’, ‘Gone Girl’, ‘Interstellar’, ‘The Imitation Game’ and more.
PVR Ltd joint MD Sanjeev Kumar Bijli said, “The Academy Awards have a special place in the hearts of film connoisseurs. People from the film fraternity as well as the audience look up to the Academy Awards for quality cinema. Keeping up with our promise, this year we are happy to host the PVR Oscar Film Festival in India and look forward to another successful edition.”
The PVR Oscar Film Festival is hosted to provide variation in content in the country by bringing to the Indian cinema exhibition space the best by global standards, the company said.