- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
PVR opens 5-screen multiplex in Panvel near Mumbai
MUMBAI: Cinema exhibition company PVR has opened a 5-screen multiplex at a mall in Panvel, in Maharashtra’s Raigad district.
With this, PVR’s screen count in the state has increased to 143 across 35 properties.
Orion Mall, which houses the multiplex, is the first multi-brand mall in the city. The multiplex is spread across an area of 25,292 square feet and is capable of catering to 940 patrons.
Speaking at the launch of the multiplex, PVR Cinemas CEO Gautam Dutta said, “Panvel is an upcoming city in Maharashtra. It has great infrastructure, good connectivity, affordable residential apartments and a viewership which is highly inclined to watch movies at state of the art facilities. We are very excited to open our first multiplex in the city and hope that our brand becomes equally popular with the people here as well.”
PVR Cinemas offers an added convenience to movie-goers with the availability of QuickTix, a time saving technology and an instant ticketing solution.
The multiplex has incorporated 7.1 Digital Dolby surround sound, 4K projection system and second generation 3D enabled screens.
PVR Ltd’s joint MD Sanjeev Kumar Bijli said, “The multiplex would be the favourite destination for patrons from Navi Mumbai, Raigad district, Mahad, Roha, Alibagh and places around it. We are looking forward to a massive response from the city.”