- Nokia, IIT-Delhi to Use AI to Make Networks More Reliable
- Bitcoin triggers ponzi fear: Government in a huddle, plans crackdown
- Minister Faces Angry Passengers On Delayed Flight. Air India Suspends 3
- SC allows Vodafone to initiate second arbitration over $2 bn tax demand
- INS Kalvari submarine affirms Make in India's giant strides: MDL
- Over 600 fishermen of TN, Kerala still missing after cyclone
- Dalit woman rape case: Kerala court awards death sentence to labourer
PVR opens 5-screen multiplex in Panvel near Mumbai
MUMBAI: Cinema exhibition company PVR has opened a 5-screen multiplex at a mall in Panvel, in Maharashtra’s Raigad district.
With this, PVR’s screen count in the state has increased to 143 across 35 properties.
Orion Mall, which houses the multiplex, is the first multi-brand mall in the city. The multiplex is spread across an area of 25,292 square feet and is capable of catering to 940 patrons.
Speaking at the launch of the multiplex, PVR Cinemas CEO Gautam Dutta said, “Panvel is an upcoming city in Maharashtra. It has great infrastructure, good connectivity, affordable residential apartments and a viewership which is highly inclined to watch movies at state of the art facilities. We are very excited to open our first multiplex in the city and hope that our brand becomes equally popular with the people here as well.”
PVR Cinemas offers an added convenience to movie-goers with the availability of QuickTix, a time saving technology and an instant ticketing solution.
The multiplex has incorporated 7.1 Digital Dolby surround sound, 4K projection system and second generation 3D enabled screens.
PVR Ltd’s joint MD Sanjeev Kumar Bijli said, “The multiplex would be the favourite destination for patrons from Navi Mumbai, Raigad district, Mahad, Roha, Alibagh and places around it. We are looking forward to a massive response from the city.”