- '84 riots: SC forms body to examine SIT decision to close 199 cases
- China Uses Chequebook Diplomacy To Sideline India In Nepal
- NDRF rescues 28000, including 6 pregnant women, from floods
- Rahul Gandhi launches Indira Canteen project in Bengaluru
- Just by fulfilling its commitment to SC, Trai can bring down mobile call rates by half
- Google to Pay Apple $3 Billion to Remain Default iOS Device Search Engine
- Daniel Craig confirmed as 007 in upcoming James Bond film Bond 25
Pro Wrestling League faces trouble as WFI serves termination notice to ProSportify
MUMBAI: After just one season, the Pro Wrestling League (PWL) is facing trouble.
The Wrestling Federation of India (WFI) has served a termination notice to ProSportify, a company with diversified interests in sports and franchise-based leagues in India, over delay in payment of salaries to top Indian and international grapplers. The termination notice was served on 16 April, DNA has reported.
The report noted that even when the league was taking place in December, there were several organisational issues that did not please WFI. However, the primary reason for the termination notice was defaulting on players’ salaries from Haryana Hammers and Uttar Pradesh Warriors for over four months. Moreover, ProSportify was even unable to pay the ‘royalty’ to WFI for lending its name to the league, added the report.
Another report in Tribune Media said that in a meeting between PWL chairman GS Mander and Sharan Singh last month, the WFI decided to issue a 90-day notice to ProSportify to explain its conduct. The WFI listed several reasons such as default on players’ salaries, non-payment of royalty to the federation, delay in payments to vendors, default on Rs 20-million prize money to winners Revanta Mumbai Garuda, flawed technical rules and poor venue management for wanting to terminate the contract.
“In view of the above, we hereby notify that the contract dated 20.5.2015, entered between ProSportify and WFI, shall stand terminated on the expiry of 90 days of this notice, which has been issued on 16 April 2016. You are hereby called upon to immediately reply to the notice,” said the termination letter.
According to the WFI officials, there cannot be any patch-up with ProSportify and the league would now be conducted with new associates and partners.