- Hathway’s cable TV and broadband capex to be Rs 270 cr in FY18
- Cut in interconnect charge may boost RIL's EPS by 8%
- Package soon to boost economy; no cuts in fuel rates: Arun Jaitley
- Global child bride racket busted in Hyderabad, 20 arrested
- Tracked so far: Rs 75 crore in Dera bank accounts
- Violence in Tripura: Journalist hacked to death, sec 144 imposed
Premier Futsal to have six teams; Ronaldinho, Giggs to play
MUMBAI: Premier Futsal, which kicks off on 15 July and runs till 26 July, will have six teams as opposed to the original plan of eight teams. Delhi and Hyderabad will not be represented.
Premier Futsal co-founder and CEO Abhinandan Balasubramanian said in a media briefing that teams from Delhi and Hyderabad could not participate as there was a ‘mismatch’ in certain requirements.
The six teams are Chennai, Mumbai, Kolkata, Goa, Kochi and Bengaluru.
Matches will take place in Chennai and in Goa. They will be telecast on Six.
The franchise owners are car designer Dilip Chhabria (Mumbai); Viiking Ventures (Goa), Dubai-based Yes Events Management (Kochi), Kannada film star Puneeth Rajkumar (Bengaluru), Bengali star Jeet (Kolkata) and Janani Ramesh of The Hindu Group (Chennai).
The six marquee players are — Falcao (Chennai), Giggs (Mumbai), Crespo (Kolkata), Scholes (Bengaluru), Salgado (Kochi) and Ronaldinho (Goa).