- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Premier Futsal to have six teams; Ronaldinho, Giggs to play
MUMBAI: Premier Futsal, which kicks off on 15 July and runs till 26 July, will have six teams as opposed to the original plan of eight teams. Delhi and Hyderabad will not be represented.
Premier Futsal co-founder and CEO Abhinandan Balasubramanian said in a media briefing that teams from Delhi and Hyderabad could not participate as there was a ‘mismatch’ in certain requirements.
The six teams are Chennai, Mumbai, Kolkata, Goa, Kochi and Bengaluru.
Matches will take place in Chennai and in Goa. They will be telecast on Six.
The franchise owners are car designer Dilip Chhabria (Mumbai); Viiking Ventures (Goa), Dubai-based Yes Events Management (Kochi), Kannada film star Puneeth Rajkumar (Bengaluru), Bengali star Jeet (Kolkata) and Janani Ramesh of The Hindu Group (Chennai).
The six marquee players are — Falcao (Chennai), Giggs (Mumbai), Crespo (Kolkata), Scholes (Bengaluru), Salgado (Kochi) and Ronaldinho (Goa).