- Nokia, IIT-Delhi to Use AI to Make Networks More Reliable
- Bitcoin triggers ponzi fear: Government in a huddle, plans crackdown
- Minister Faces Angry Passengers On Delayed Flight. Air India Suspends 3
- SC allows Vodafone to initiate second arbitration over $2 bn tax demand
- INS Kalvari submarine affirms Make in India's giant strides: MDL
- Over 600 fishermen of TN, Kerala still missing after cyclone
- Dalit woman rape case: Kerala court awards death sentence to labourer
Prasar Bharati signs broadcasting MoU with Qatar Media Corp
MUMBAI: Public service broadcaster Prasar Bharati has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Qatar Media Corporation to increase co-operation in the field of broadcasting between the two countries.
The agreement was inked at Hyderabad House, New Delhi, in the presence of Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Qatar’s Emir Sheikh Tamim Bin Hamad Al-Thani.
The Indian side was represented by Prasar Bharati CEO Jawhar Sircar while the Qatari side was represented by the Ambassador of Qatar to India Ahmed Ibrahim Abdulla Al Abdulla.
The MoU includes initiatives to strengthen the co-operative relationship in the field of radio and television, exchange of content that highlights the national characteristics, cultural and heritage, social events, festivals and competitions of both the countries.
As per the MoU, there will be no commercial use of the shared content and there will be exchange of programmes for journalists, experts, technicians, and specialists in the field of electronic media, radio, and television.
The two countries will further explore opportunities for co-production and encourage co-operation and co-ordination in the regional and international forums, conferences, and meetings related to radio and television.
Prasar Bharati also hopes to enrich the content of what is being aired by All India Radio and Doordarshan through the MoU.