- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Prasar Bharati chairman to get higher rumeration
MUMBAI: Prasar Bharati chairman A Surya Prakash will be getting higher remuneration. He will be enjoying higher allowances that will possibly enable him to take home Rs 1,00,000 a month.
Prakash is a government appointee from the Vivekananda Foundation.
According to a notification, Prakash will be paid an allowance of Rs 10,000 per day subject to the overall monthly ceiling of Rs 1 lakh per month, Economic Times reported. This is for those days in a month when he is required to ‘perform any official work or duty’ in the discharge of his functions as Prasar Bharati chairman, including attending meetings.
Prakash will get paid for attending office, which will help him exercise more control over the organisation. Earlier, the Prasar Bharati chairpersons used to be paid only per meetings.
ET adds that this is an amendment to the Prasar Bharati Rules, 2000. As per earlier rules, the Prasar Bharati chairpersons got only a meeting allowance of Rs 1,000 per meeting, subject to a maximum of Rs 5,000 per month. Prasar Bharati chairperson gets no salary and no official vehicle, but amending the rules, an official vehicle has also been provided now to Prakash.