- Viacom18 picks up kids content from rival for its OTT platform
- Maurya's rebellion may force BSP chief Mayawati to redraw her election strategy
- SIT reopens 22 Sikh riot cases after three decades
- Economic recovery on the horizon, says Kumar Mangalam Birla
- Swamy's attack on Shaktikanta Das unfair and false, says Jaitley
- Swamy seeks Kejriwal's degree details
- Dubai eases liquor rules for Ramzan
- China is only holdout as 47 nations back India's NSG bid
- Jaitley meets top Chinese bankers, fund managers
- Obama immigration plan blocked by Supreme Court
- Mamata to target CPM in Tripura
- FTII chairman Gajendra Chauhan meets RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat
- Swamy defends his remarks against Arvind Subramanian, takes a swipe at Jaitley
- Narasimha Rao kept tabs on Sonia Gandhi, courtesy the IB
Polimer TV ropes in J Sekhar as CEO
MUMBAI: Tamil entertainment channel Polimer TV has appointed J Sekhar as itschief executive officer.
Sources told TelevisionPost.com that Sekhar will replace Shivakumar who has put in his papers as the chief operating officer of the company on personal grounds.
When contacted, Shivakumar said, “Yes, I have put in my papers and today is my last day. I have had a good journey in Polimer and wish Shekhar all the best for his stint. I am looking forward to working on some new projects, although nothing has been finalised yet.”
It seems that the company will dissolve the post of COO, by roping in a CEO to handle the operations. Shekhar remained unavailable for comment till the time of filing the story.
Sekhar is slated to join the company next week and will report to managing director PV Kalyanasundaram. He will be based in Chennai.
Prior to this appointment, Sekhar was COO of Maa TV for three years. Having over 20 years of experience, he has worked with various brands like Exide Industries as area manager, Zee Telugu as sales head for Zee Tamil, Zee Telugu and Zee Kannada and more.