- US jobless rate hits 4.9% in Jan
- FDI in India swells 38% but falls 16% globally: Govt
- Adani Power to sign deal to build $2bn Jharkhand plant
- Tata seeks public opinion to rename Zica
- India ratifies nuclear liability convention
- Jet suspends 5 crew over Sonu Nigam's 'on air' concert
- AG Krishnamurthy, founder of Mudra and Mica, dies
- BMW launches X5 xDrive30d M Sport at Rs 75.90 lk
- China M&A flurry drives cross-border activity to 11-year high
- WC T20 squad announced, Dhoni to lead
Polimer TV ropes in J Sekhar as CEO
MUMBAI: Tamil entertainment channel Polimer TV has appointed J Sekhar as itschief executive officer.
Sources told TelevisionPost.com that Sekhar will replace Shivakumar who has put in his papers as the chief operating officer of the company on personal grounds.
When contacted, Shivakumar said, “Yes, I have put in my papers and today is my last day. I have had a good journey in Polimer and wish Shekhar all the best for his stint. I am looking forward to working on some new projects, although nothing has been finalised yet.”
It seems that the company will dissolve the post of COO, by roping in a CEO to handle the operations. Shekhar remained unavailable for comment till the time of filing the story.
Sekhar is slated to join the company next week and will report to managing director PV Kalyanasundaram. He will be based in Chennai.
Prior to this appointment, Sekhar was COO of Maa TV for three years. Having over 20 years of experience, he has worked with various brands like Exide Industries as area manager, Zee Telugu as sales head for Zee Tamil, Zee Telugu and Zee Kannada and more.