- Kerala beat Pune to register 1st ISL win
- Android co-founder Andy Rubin to leave Google
- Warren Anderson, wanted in Bhopal gas tragedy, dies at 92
- 1st lawsuit filed against Malaysia Airlines, Govt over MH370
- Modi skips event at Indira Gandhi's memorial
- GSLV-Mk III is now preparing for launch in first half of December
- Riding High on Mangalyaan Success, ISRO Targets 2nd Mars Orbiter in 2018
- PM Narendra Modi to launch BJP's membership drive tomorrow
- UK Gas price drops most in 6 Weeks after Russia-Ukraine Deal
- 2G: A Raja, Kanimozhi, Dayalu Ammal & others put on trial in money laundering case
- Congress ends alliance with JMM in poll-bound Jharkhand
- Bhopal: Delhi court allows CBI plea on extradition of Warren Anderson
- Uddhav Thackeray to attend swearing-in after Amit Shah, Devendra Fadnavis call him up
Polimer TV ropes in J Sekhar as CEO
MUMBAI: Tamil entertainment channel Polimer TV has appointed J Sekhar as itschief executive officer.
Sources told TelevisionPost.com that Sekhar will replace Shivakumar who has put in his papers as the chief operating officer of the company on personal grounds.
When contacted, Shivakumar said, “Yes, I have put in my papers and today is my last day. I have had a good journey in Polimer and wish Shekhar all the best for his stint. I am looking forward to working on some new projects, although nothing has been finalised yet.”
It seems that the company will dissolve the post of COO, by roping in a CEO to handle the operations. Shekhar remained unavailable for comment till the time of filing the story.
Sekhar is slated to join the company next week and will report to managing director PV Kalyanasundaram. He will be based in Chennai.
Prior to this appointment, Sekhar was COO of Maa TV for three years. Having over 20 years of experience, he has worked with various brands like Exide Industries as area manager, Zee Telugu as sales head for Zee Tamil, Zee Telugu and Zee Kannada and more.