- US and Cuba plan to restore diplomatic relations
- US offers help to probe Peshawar attack
- Congress threatens to move privilege motion against Naidu, Irani
- Sony pulls the plug on 25 Dec release of 'The Interview' after threats
- SpiceJet operations grounded as oil cos stop fuel supply
- ISRO to test its heaviest rocket till date today
- Snowfall in parts of Uttarakhand, 24 die in severe cold
- CBI filed 57 regular cases relating to chit fund in Odisha, WB
- GST Bill gets Cabinet nod; likely in Parliament this session
- ICICI, Bank of Baroda fined for not spotting fraud
- Opponent calls for Vladimir Putin's exit as Russia slides into crisis
Polimer TV ropes in J Sekhar as CEO
MUMBAI: Tamil entertainment channel Polimer TV has appointed J Sekhar as itschief executive officer.
Sources told TelevisionPost.com that Sekhar will replace Shivakumar who has put in his papers as the chief operating officer of the company on personal grounds.
When contacted, Shivakumar said, “Yes, I have put in my papers and today is my last day. I have had a good journey in Polimer and wish Shekhar all the best for his stint. I am looking forward to working on some new projects, although nothing has been finalised yet.”
It seems that the company will dissolve the post of COO, by roping in a CEO to handle the operations. Shekhar remained unavailable for comment till the time of filing the story.
Sekhar is slated to join the company next week and will report to managing director PV Kalyanasundaram. He will be based in Chennai.
Prior to this appointment, Sekhar was COO of Maa TV for three years. Having over 20 years of experience, he has worked with various brands like Exide Industries as area manager, Zee Telugu as sales head for Zee Tamil, Zee Telugu and Zee Kannada and more.