- Lodha panel submits report, demands action against top brass of BCCI
- Anil Ambani says RCom and Jio have virtually merged
- Supreme Court Orders Karnataka To Release Cauvery Water Till Friday
- Call Tamil Nadu, Karnataka CMs' meeting to end impasse: SC to Centre
- Google Station aims to make public Wi-Fi better in India
- Jim Yong Kim re-appointed as World Bank President
- SC asks K''taka to give 6K cusecs Cauvery water to TN in 3 days
- India Jumps 16 Spots In Global Competitiveness For Second Year In A Row
- India's SAARC pullout: US wants Pak to act against terrorists seeking safe haven
Polimer TV ropes in J Sekhar as CEO
MUMBAI: Tamil entertainment channel Polimer TV has appointed J Sekhar as itschief executive officer.
Sources told TelevisionPost.com that Sekhar will replace Shivakumar who has put in his papers as the chief operating officer of the company on personal grounds.
When contacted, Shivakumar said, “Yes, I have put in my papers and today is my last day. I have had a good journey in Polimer and wish Shekhar all the best for his stint. I am looking forward to working on some new projects, although nothing has been finalised yet.”
It seems that the company will dissolve the post of COO, by roping in a CEO to handle the operations. Shekhar remained unavailable for comment till the time of filing the story.
Sekhar is slated to join the company next week and will report to managing director PV Kalyanasundaram. He will be based in Chennai.
Prior to this appointment, Sekhar was COO of Maa TV for three years. Having over 20 years of experience, he has worked with various brands like Exide Industries as area manager, Zee Telugu as sales head for Zee Tamil, Zee Telugu and Zee Kannada and more.