- China markets cracked over 5%
- South Korea's LG Display to invest $8.7 bn in new OLED plant
- Toyota leads global car sales, outsells VW for 4th month
- India clinch series with 124-run win over South Africa
- Redington's arm buys 70% stake in Turkey-based co
- NRI billionaire Bhargava unveils power-generating bicycle
- Gold Bond scheme gets 63,000 applications of Rs 246 cr
- Govt looks to shut Tyre Corporation, HMT arm
- FinMin to set up high-level panel to tackle NPAs
- Cipla infringing Roche's patent in lung cancer drug: HC
- SC asks Maran to appear before CBI
- HSBC to shut down private banking biz in India
- Nitish orders free power connection to all
- Rupee tumbles to 26 mth low; RBI intervenes
Polimer TV ropes in J Sekhar as CEO
MUMBAI: Tamil entertainment channel Polimer TV has appointed J Sekhar as itschief executive officer.
Sources told TelevisionPost.com that Sekhar will replace Shivakumar who has put in his papers as the chief operating officer of the company on personal grounds.
When contacted, Shivakumar said, “Yes, I have put in my papers and today is my last day. I have had a good journey in Polimer and wish Shekhar all the best for his stint. I am looking forward to working on some new projects, although nothing has been finalised yet.”
It seems that the company will dissolve the post of COO, by roping in a CEO to handle the operations. Shekhar remained unavailable for comment till the time of filing the story.
Sekhar is slated to join the company next week and will report to managing director PV Kalyanasundaram. He will be based in Chennai.
Prior to this appointment, Sekhar was COO of Maa TV for three years. Having over 20 years of experience, he has worked with various brands like Exide Industries as area manager, Zee Telugu as sales head for Zee Tamil, Zee Telugu and Zee Kannada and more.