- RBI Governor expresses concern about currency market volatility
- Don't link India's entry to Nuclear Suppliers Group with Pakistan, India tells China
- Kerala LDF not to reopen liqour bars
- Italy torpedoed Indian bid to enter missile tech controls regime, says defence minister
- IAS officer who praised Nehru on Facebook transferred
- BJP to hold national executive meet in Allahabad
- Peer-to-peer lending needs regulation, says RBI DEputy Governor
- Slowing China is a threat to the global economy, says RBI Governor
- IITs to make it mandatory for all start-ups to disclose their source of funding and balace sheets
- Indian infotech firms no more in a mood to hire
- SC allows second Italian marine to return home
- Modi government's reforms help India to be an island of stability, says RBI Governor
- Husbands can beat wives 'lightly': Top Pak Islamic body
- Donald Trump clinches Republican nomination
- Ram Madhav, Sushil Modi may get Rajya Sabha berths
- NITI Aayog to boost school labs with an eye on startups
- Cops rescue activist Trupti Desai from mob at Nashik temple
- Enforcement Directorate team to visit Singapore to track Agusta Westland money trail
- Lucknow bench of Armed Forces Tribunal rejects triple talaq plea by jawan
- Censor refuses certificate to 'Udta Punjab' citing profanity
- Maharashtra pays RTI activist Rs 10 lakh for failing to protect him
- Supreme Court tells government to release Nirbhaya funds
- Marathwada farmer suicides at 454, 22% higher than 2015
- High Court puts Jat quota on hold in Haryana
- Indian owned shops ransacked in Congo in revenge attacks against racism
- Can place proof of corruption against Congress leaders in Parliament, says Jaitley
Polimer TV ropes in J Sekhar as CEO
MUMBAI: Tamil entertainment channel Polimer TV has appointed J Sekhar as itschief executive officer.
Sources told TelevisionPost.com that Sekhar will replace Shivakumar who has put in his papers as the chief operating officer of the company on personal grounds.
When contacted, Shivakumar said, “Yes, I have put in my papers and today is my last day. I have had a good journey in Polimer and wish Shekhar all the best for his stint. I am looking forward to working on some new projects, although nothing has been finalised yet.”
It seems that the company will dissolve the post of COO, by roping in a CEO to handle the operations. Shekhar remained unavailable for comment till the time of filing the story.
Sekhar is slated to join the company next week and will report to managing director PV Kalyanasundaram. He will be based in Chennai.
Prior to this appointment, Sekhar was COO of Maa TV for three years. Having over 20 years of experience, he has worked with various brands like Exide Industries as area manager, Zee Telugu as sales head for Zee Tamil, Zee Telugu and Zee Kannada and more.