- Sensex down 27 pts at 27809
- Tata Power deploys country's first smart grid in Delhi
- Cipla recalls 1.4 lakh vials of asthma drug in the US
- At Rs 5.82 cr COO Pravin Rao is highest paid Infoscian
- Mercedes launches S 600 Guard in India at Rs 8.9 cr
- IAF lands jet on Yamuna Expressway as part of user trial
- Essar pulls out of race to buy Nokia's Chennai plant
- RBI now allows companies to borrow in rupees offshore
- Govt relaxes FDI norms for NRIs, PIOs, OCI
- Alkem Laboratories to raise Rs 1,500 cr via IPO
- Twitter co-founder Biz Stone invests in LookUp
Polimer TV ropes in J Sekhar as CEO
MUMBAI: Tamil entertainment channel Polimer TV has appointed J Sekhar as itschief executive officer.
Sources told TelevisionPost.com that Sekhar will replace Shivakumar who has put in his papers as the chief operating officer of the company on personal grounds.
When contacted, Shivakumar said, “Yes, I have put in my papers and today is my last day. I have had a good journey in Polimer and wish Shekhar all the best for his stint. I am looking forward to working on some new projects, although nothing has been finalised yet.”
It seems that the company will dissolve the post of COO, by roping in a CEO to handle the operations. Shekhar remained unavailable for comment till the time of filing the story.
Sekhar is slated to join the company next week and will report to managing director PV Kalyanasundaram. He will be based in Chennai.
Prior to this appointment, Sekhar was COO of Maa TV for three years. Having over 20 years of experience, he has worked with various brands like Exide Industries as area manager, Zee Telugu as sales head for Zee Tamil, Zee Telugu and Zee Kannada and more.