- Govt declares flood in Kashmir as Jhelum crosses danger mark after heavy rainfall in state
- Tsunami warning issued for parts of Pacific after earthquake
- AAP slams door on Ramdas, Prashant Bhushan
- D-Day for Dera chief Gurmeet Ram Rahim; court likely to pronounce verdict in 2002 rape case
- NDA government trying to divide country along religious lines, says CPI
- India sends plane to airlift citizens from Yemen
- SBI set to buy Air India's residential properties in Mumbai for Rs 90 crore
Polimer TV ropes in J Sekhar as CEO
MUMBAI: Tamil entertainment channel Polimer TV has appointed J Sekhar as itschief executive officer.
Sources told TelevisionPost.com that Sekhar will replace Shivakumar who has put in his papers as the chief operating officer of the company on personal grounds.
When contacted, Shivakumar said, “Yes, I have put in my papers and today is my last day. I have had a good journey in Polimer and wish Shekhar all the best for his stint. I am looking forward to working on some new projects, although nothing has been finalised yet.”
It seems that the company will dissolve the post of COO, by roping in a CEO to handle the operations. Shekhar remained unavailable for comment till the time of filing the story.
Sekhar is slated to join the company next week and will report to managing director PV Kalyanasundaram. He will be based in Chennai.
Prior to this appointment, Sekhar was COO of Maa TV for three years. Having over 20 years of experience, he has worked with various brands like Exide Industries as area manager, Zee Telugu as sales head for Zee Tamil, Zee Telugu and Zee Kannada and more.