- Supreme Court adjourns TRAI tariff order case till later part of March
- Tamil Nadu: DMK moves Madras High Court challenging Saturday's trust vote
- UP Elections 2017: Congress To Approach Poll Panel Against PM Narendra Modi's Remark
- Virat Kohli strikes Rs 100-crore deal with Puma
- Captain Cool era ends as IPL side asks Dhoni to step down
- Reliance Jio pushes telecom consolidation as Tata Tele joins merger chorus; may hitch with R-Comm-Aircel-MTS
Polimer TV ropes in J Sekhar as CEO
MUMBAI: Tamil entertainment channel Polimer TV has appointed J Sekhar as itschief executive officer.
Sources told TelevisionPost.com that Sekhar will replace Shivakumar who has put in his papers as the chief operating officer of the company on personal grounds.
When contacted, Shivakumar said, “Yes, I have put in my papers and today is my last day. I have had a good journey in Polimer and wish Shekhar all the best for his stint. I am looking forward to working on some new projects, although nothing has been finalised yet.”
It seems that the company will dissolve the post of COO, by roping in a CEO to handle the operations. Shekhar remained unavailable for comment till the time of filing the story.
Sekhar is slated to join the company next week and will report to managing director PV Kalyanasundaram. He will be based in Chennai.
Prior to this appointment, Sekhar was COO of Maa TV for three years. Having over 20 years of experience, he has worked with various brands like Exide Industries as area manager, Zee Telugu as sales head for Zee Tamil, Zee Telugu and Zee Kannada and more.