- FIIs sold record $2.55 bn worth of shares in August
- 11% deficient monsoon so far, Kharif crops may be hit
- Trade unions on strike tomorrow
- Heineken offers to buy out 29% stake in United Breweries
- Jindal Steel to shut down coal mine in Australia
- Tata Group exits from Taj Palace Dubai
- Renault's limited edition Duster priced at Rs 9.99 lakh
- India wins Test series in Sri Lanka for first time in 22 years
- I am Sheena and Mikhail's father: Siddhartha Das
- IMF sees weaker than expected global economic growth
- Rupee closes 26 paise higher at 66.21/$
- Sensex tanks 586 pts on GDP data, China jitters
Polimer TV ropes in J Sekhar as CEO
MUMBAI: Tamil entertainment channel Polimer TV has appointed J Sekhar as itschief executive officer.
Sources told TelevisionPost.com that Sekhar will replace Shivakumar who has put in his papers as the chief operating officer of the company on personal grounds.
When contacted, Shivakumar said, “Yes, I have put in my papers and today is my last day. I have had a good journey in Polimer and wish Shekhar all the best for his stint. I am looking forward to working on some new projects, although nothing has been finalised yet.”
It seems that the company will dissolve the post of COO, by roping in a CEO to handle the operations. Shekhar remained unavailable for comment till the time of filing the story.
Sekhar is slated to join the company next week and will report to managing director PV Kalyanasundaram. He will be based in Chennai.
Prior to this appointment, Sekhar was COO of Maa TV for three years. Having over 20 years of experience, he has worked with various brands like Exide Industries as area manager, Zee Telugu as sales head for Zee Tamil, Zee Telugu and Zee Kannada and more.