- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Planetcast partners Measat for premium video distribution across India
MUMBAI: Planetcast Media Services (formerly Essel Shyam Communication), has partnered satellite operator Measat Satellite Systems for providing premium video distribution services across India.
The agreement looks to increase HD and 4K/UHD offerings in India with the potential to expand across the Asia Pacific.
Planetcast has signed for capacity on Measat-3a’s global C-band beam. The satellite is located at 91.5°E, Asia’s preferred HD and 4K/UHD neighbourhood.
Planetcast is a leading provider of managed services to the broadcasting industry in India and neighbouring countries with a rapidly growing footprint across Southeast Asia. Through this agreement, Planetcast is able to leverage MEASAT’s industry-leading video expertise and can now offer top-class HD and 4K/UHD video distribution solutions from the region’s leading video hotslot.
“At Planetcast, we constantly innovate to challenge the status quo and we are thrilled to associate with Measat as we believe that this partnership will leverage strengths of both the partners to offer cutting-edge video distribution services across Asia Pacific. We found a likeminded partner in Measat and look forward to a long-term, symbiotic relationship,” said Planetcast executive director MN Vyas.
“India will add 400 million first-time internet users in coming few years and these will be local-language users. This will create a huge demand for regional HD content and our service is aimed at fulfilling this demand for high-quality content in local languages,” said Planetcast executive director Lalit Jain.
Measat distributed Asia-Pacific’s first HD channel in 2007 and first 4K/UHD linear channel in 2015. The 91.5°E video hotslot is also the region’s strongest satellite neighbourhood with three co-located satellites—Measat-3, Measat-3a and Measat-3b.