- Infosys MD & CEO Vishal Sikka resigns, Pravin Rao interim chief
- Rescue Hyderabad minor from Omani sheikh: Maneka Gandhi to Sushma Swaraj
- After SBI, now HDFC Bank and Yes Bank cut interest rate on savings
- Election Commissioner speaks out: 'Winning at all cost, without ethics, is new normal in politics'
- Karti Chidambaram says will appear before CBI on August 23, seeks protection
- USS Fitzgerald captain during collision that killed 7 to lose command
Phantom Films acquires remake rights for ‘Ludo’
MUMBAI: Indian film production company Phantom Films has acquired the remake rights for the Bengali horror drama film ‘Ludo’.
The Hindi remake will be directed by Qaushiq Mukherjee, who has also helmed the Bengali version.
Mukherjee said, “It’s more of a rewrite than a remake actually. The idea of Ludo is fluid, and, like most horror ideas, is perfect for a franchise. The new Ludo will be a completely different film, based on the same premise. This time, the horror will unfold in curiously unusual ways.”
Phantom Films’ Vikramaditya Motwane added, “We’re delighted to announce a Hindi version of Ludo. Qaushiq is one of the most exciting directors in the country and we couldn’t be happier about our partnership. We look forward to a kick-ass, mind-numbing, entertaining and frightening film. If not, we will eat his entrails.”
The film is in talks with various partners for innovative ways to take the film to its audiences across regions, platforms and formats.
‘Ludo’ is a creation of the team at Oddjoint including directors Nikon, Mukhejee and Celine Loop. The film is represented in the International market by Reel Suspects. It is produced and backed by Idyabooster and Starfire Movies and co-produced by Oddjoint.
Phantom Films has made its presence felt in the fraternity by producing several appreciated movies including ‘Lootera’, ‘Hasee Toh Phasee’, ‘Queen’, ‘Masaan’, ‘Ugly’, ‘NH10’ and ‘Hunterr’.
In March 2015, Phantom tied up with Reliance Big Entertainment, with a vision to expand the company’s horizon across India and globally. With this tie up, Phantom has also entered into film distribution and endeavours to become one of the largest producers and distributors of films across the globe.