- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Peter Salmon to leave the BBC for Endemol Shine
MUMBAI: BBC director Studios Peter Salmon is leaving the BBC. He will join Endemol Shine as chief creative officer.
BBC DG Tony Hall said: “Peter is a hugely talented TV executive and programme maker. He leaves with our thanks and with an exceptional CV of achievement. He has made the BBC’s northern hub at Media City in Salford a thriving centre of production excellence and creativity. He is the co-inventor of Sport Relief – an amazing charity doing amazing things.”
As Controller of BBC One, Salmon commissioned some of the BBC’s best performing programmes such as ‘Waking The Dead’, ‘Holby City’ and ‘My Family’. At BBC Sport, he won back rights to ‘Match Of The Day’ and pioneered sport online.
As a programme maker, he was on the original Crimewatch UK team, producing many outstanding programmes at the Natural History Unit. He has successfully laid the foundations for BBC Studios and its future success.
“I know that this job at Endemol Shine is one that Peter felt he couldn’t turn down. He has been a great servant of the BBC and I am sure he will be hugely successful in his new role,” Hall added.
Salmon’s last day of employment at the BBC is 31 May 2016. His successor will be announced in the coming weeks.