- India TV’s Rajat Sharma takes charge as NBA prez for third time
- iCubesWire floats $3 mn fund for digital startups
- CRPF, Northern Rails launch cleanliness drive at station
- Reliance Jio 4G speeds rise by 50 per cent as free data offers end: OpenSignal
- Hyderabad man accused of burning wife to death for not getting an MBBS seat
- FIR against Honeypreet, police steps up search operations
- Dawood's brother Iqbal Kaskar arrested in extortion case
- Manmohan Singh Says Demonetisation and GST Double Whammy For Economy
Panorama Studios to launch web series on Mumbai’s nightclubs
MUMBAI: Panorama Studios, the studio behind movies like ‘Pyaar Ka Punchnama 1 & 2’, ‘Drishyam’, ‘Special Chabbis’ and ‘Omkaara’, has partnered with digital video creator One Digital Entertainment to launch its first web series called ‘Bar Code’, which is set in the world of Mumbai’s nightclubs.
The casting process is underway and well-known actors are being considered to play the male as well as female leads, with production slated to begin by mid-June 2016.
Panorama Studios’ producer and managing director Abhishek Pathak said, “We, at Panorama Studios were on the lookout for something clutter breaking. In ‘Bar Code’, we found the right script which deals with the fascinating world of Bombay’s nightclubs. It is very exciting for us to launch it as the first web series, out of a variety of other web content being developed at our studio”.
The web series will span ten episodes and be shot at real nightclubs across Mumbai.
“Bar Code looks closely at what goes on behind the scenes in one of the most glamorous businesses in the world. The plot has an interesting hook. The characters, humour and drama are very relatable while the whole look and feel will be very upscale and chic. The treatment of the music will have an interesting mix of EDM, Bollywood and Deep House, which should connect with youth segment across the country,” Bar Code’s writer-director Vignesh Shetty said.
Commenting on the association, One Digital Entertainment’s Co-founder and COO Gurpreet Singh said, “Panorama Studios has delivered amazing stories in the form of Bollywood movies so far and now with their entry into web shows, I am pretty sure they will set new benchmarks in the industry. We are delighted to partner with them and look forward to engage both consumers and brands with such an innovative concept.”