- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
Ozone Group joins ISL Chennai team as principal sponsor
MUMBAI: Indian Super League (ISL) franchise Chennaiyin FC has launched their home jersey and also announced prominent real estate developers Ozone Group as the principal sponsor.
Chennaiyin FC co-owners Abhishek Bachchan and Vita Dani and Ozone Group CEO Srini Gopalan were present on the occasion along with six players—Gouramangi Singh, Bojan Djordjic, Bernard Mendy, Harmanjot Khabra, Jeje Lalpekhlua and Abhishek Das.
After unveiling the jersey, Bachchan stated, “It’s an important day for us as we unveil the jersey of Chennaiyin FC. The boys have been training very hard and as owners we plan to give them all the moral support possible. We hope the quality and standard of Indian football is something the international arena wakes up to.”
Dani said, “We are delighted to launch our jersey and are excited to have Ozone Group as the principal sponsor for Chennaiyin FC and welcome them on board. We look forward to working with them in the Hero Indian Super League. The decision was made easy as there are definite synergies in our vision for Chennaiyin FC. This association symbolises a shared dream of creating a successful brand and a world-class franchise.”
Gopalan said, “It is due to the love and passion for the game that Ozone Group decided to be a part of ISL and Chennaiyin FC. The group promotes football at a grassroots level with Ozone Football Academy. At the club, we provide people with the opportunity to pursue football as a career.
“Chennai is very close to our heart, as Ozone Group has a beautiful development, the Metrozone, in the city. We have received encouraging response from the Chennaites and now it is our time to pay our gratitude by supporting this initiative in the city. We are very excited to be associated with Chennaiyin and ISL, which is poised to become a successful sporting event in the country—especially for the millions of football fans that we have across India.”
Chennaiyin FC starts their Hero ISL campaign with an away game against FC Goa on 15 October while their first home fixture is against Kerala Blasters on 21 October.