- India TV’s Rajat Sharma takes charge as NBA prez for third time
- iCubesWire floats $3 mn fund for digital startups
- CRPF, Northern Rails launch cleanliness drive at station
- Reliance Jio 4G speeds rise by 50 per cent as free data offers end: OpenSignal
- Hyderabad man accused of burning wife to death for not getting an MBBS seat
- FIR against Honeypreet, police steps up search operations
- Dawood's brother Iqbal Kaskar arrested in extortion case
- Manmohan Singh Says Demonetisation and GST Double Whammy For Economy
OTT platform Eros Now inks integration deal with Reliance Jio
MUMBAI: Mukesh Ambani’s ambitious Reliance Jio project, which is set to shake up the broadband, mobile telephony and digital market in India, is moving ahead with its content deals.
Reliance Jio has stitched a deal with Eros Now, the OTT platform of film studio and entertainment company Eros International.
As per the deal, the Eros Now service, which includes a library of movies from all decades including recent blockbusters such as ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’, ‘Bajirao Mastaani’, ‘Tanu Weds Manu Returns’ and ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’, will now be available on the Jio On Demand entertainment offering.
The initiative will allow consumers to access Eros Now within the Jio ecosystem. Thus, Jio will provide Eros Now with an opportunity to acquire new subscribers throughout urban and rural India.
Said Eros International Group CEO & MD Jyoti Deshpande, “As a market leader in the film business, Eros has always strived to bring our users the best of Indian entertainment, offering them the same unified experience across screens and networks. Eros Now’s philosophy is to be platform agnostic and embrace the very best in technology as we continuously enhance our content offering. With the broadband and 4G stage set to explode, our alliance with Jio is part of our philosophy to provide consumers entertainment whenever and wherever they want it.”
Eros Now has over 44 million registered users across Web, WAP and APP globally, available across 135 countries with a vast majority of users from India. The OTT platform is currently focused on monetisation and achieving a target of one million paying subscribers by the end of fiscal year 2017.
With a pricing of Rs 49 per month for a streaming service and Rs 99 per month with additional features such as offline viewing, high definition, subtitles, and progressive viewing, the Eros Now service is priced competitively compared to other OTT platforms.