- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
Oscar nominee Jeremy Renner to narrate History US’ ‘The World Wars’
MUMBAI: US infotainment broadcaster History has announced that Oscar nominated actor Jeremy Renner will narrate its three-night event series, ‘The World Wars’.
The show will air from 26 May.
Renner said, “The stories that came out of The World Wars are heroic, horrific and everything in between. I’m happy to lend my voice to History and help tell these stories in a very different way.”
‘The World Wars’ depicts the story of three devastating decades of war told through the eyes of the powerful men who held the fate of humankind in their hands; men like Roosevelt, Hitler, Patton, Mussolini, Churchill, Tojo, DeGaulle and MacArthur.
The series examines the two wars as one contiguous timeline starting in 1914 and concluding in 1945 with these unique individuals coming of age in World War I before ultimately making some of the toughest decisions in the history of mankind in World War II.
The stories will be told through dramatic scenes, state of the art CGI, and contributors like Senator John McCain, General Colin Powell, Leon Panetta, Italian Prime Minister Mario Monti and British Prime Minister John Major.