- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Oscar nominee Jeremy Renner to narrate History US’ ‘The World Wars’
MUMBAI: US infotainment broadcaster History has announced that Oscar nominated actor Jeremy Renner will narrate its three-night event series, ‘The World Wars’.
The show will air from 26 May.
Renner said, “The stories that came out of The World Wars are heroic, horrific and everything in between. I’m happy to lend my voice to History and help tell these stories in a very different way.”
‘The World Wars’ depicts the story of three devastating decades of war told through the eyes of the powerful men who held the fate of humankind in their hands; men like Roosevelt, Hitler, Patton, Mussolini, Churchill, Tojo, DeGaulle and MacArthur.
The series examines the two wars as one contiguous timeline starting in 1914 and concluding in 1945 with these unique individuals coming of age in World War I before ultimately making some of the toughest decisions in the history of mankind in World War II.
The stories will be told through dramatic scenes, state of the art CGI, and contributors like Senator John McCain, General Colin Powell, Leon Panetta, Italian Prime Minister Mario Monti and British Prime Minister John Major.