- Tata Group To End All Business Dealings With Cyrus Mistry's Family Firms
- GJM supremo discharged in Madan Tamang murder case
- Trinamool Congress leading in municipal polls
- CoA tells Supreme Court: Sack BCCI's top three office-bearers
- Chandigarh: 10-year-old rape survivor denied abortion by Supreme Court gives birth to a girl
- Gujarat police officers Amin and Barot quit
- After controversy, DD denies blacking out Tripura CM, says speech was aired
- Sierra Leone mourns 100 children among dead in massive flooding
Olympic Channel, Fifa kick off agreement
Mumbai: The Olympic Channel has reached an agreement with Fifa covering news access and content licences to promote football within the Olympic movement.
Fifa joins a roster of 36 International Sports Federations and IOC Recognised Sports Federations who have signed similar agreements with the Olympic Channel.
“Football is one the most popular sports on the planet, and we are excited to work together with FIFA to amplify the excitement of football at the Olympic Games as well as emphasise the deeply-rooted cultural aspects of ‘the beautiful game’ through the Olympic Channel,” said Olympic Channel GM Mark Parkman.
Football has had a presence on the Olympic Channel since its launch in August with its own dedicated sports page where fans can relive the Olympic Games Rio 2016 through coverage of Neymar’s stunning penalty against Germany to take home Brazil’s first-ever gold medal in Olympic football. The page also features memorable Olympic moments, historical footage, athlete interviews and behind the scenes programming including USWNT star Mia Hamm in the original series Gold Medal Entourage.
The Olympic Channel team has been working with its IF partners to create innovative partnerships which encompass event coverage, social media, highlights, magazine shows, news coverage and original programming as well as technical business solutions.
In addition to on-going discussions with other IFs, the Olympic Channel team is working to build and strengthen collaborations, including with athletes, National Olympic Committees, Rights-Holding Broadcasters (RHBs), Worldwide TOP Partners, Organising Committees for the Olympic Games, candidate cities and recognised sports organisations.
The Olympic Channel is a new digital platform where fans can experience the power of sport and the excitement of the Olympic Games all year round, and is available worldwide via mobile apps for Android and iOS devices and at olympicchannel.com.