- Hathway’s cable TV and broadband capex to be Rs 270 cr in FY18
- Cut in interconnect charge may boost RIL's EPS by 8%
- Package soon to boost economy; no cuts in fuel rates: Arun Jaitley
- Global child bride racket busted in Hyderabad, 20 arrested
- Tracked so far: Rs 75 crore in Dera bank accounts
- Violence in Tripura: Journalist hacked to death, sec 144 imposed
NK Sinha replaces Ajay Mittal as new I&B secretary
MUMBAI: In a major bureaucratic reshuffle, the Union government has appointed Ministry of Culture secretary NK Sinha as secretary, the Ministry of the Information & Broadcasting (I&B).
Incumbent I&B secretary Ajay Mittal has been moved to the Department of Personnel & Training (DoPT) as secretary due to retirement of the incumbent BP Sharma.
Sinha is an IAS officer from the 1980 Bihar cadre. An ME electrical engineering, who has also done a PG in business administration, Sinha started his bureaucratic career in 1982 as SDO, Bhabhua. He has been in central cadre since 1993–98 in Home Affairs, Human Resource and Culture Ministries.
Mittal, an IAS officer from the Himachal Pradesh cadre, had taken charge as MIB secretary in May 2015 following Sunil Arora’s retirement. Prior to his appointment, Mittal was additional chief secretary, Government of Himachal Pradesh.