- India’s top 5 OTT services saw 100% growth in monthly user base in H1 2017
- 'Peepli Live' Co-Director Mahmood Farooqui Acquitted In Rape Case
- BHU Molestation: Police Allegedly Thrash Female Students Demanding A Safe Campus
- US Supreme Court has option to duck Trump's travel ban ruling
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- PV Sindhu Nominated For Padma Bhushan By Sports Ministry
- Assets Worth 1.16 Crores Linked To Karti Chidambaram Are Seized
NGC US announces its first scripted series ‘Blood Ivory’
MUMBAI: US infotainment broadcaster National Geographic Channel (NGC) has announced a development deal with DNA Films and TV and FX Productions for what will be the network’s first scripted series, ‘Blood Ivory’. Prolific television writer Joshua Brand has been tapped to write the pilot script.
The thriller, traces the massive global web of contraband animals and ivory, and its connection to the trafficking of narcotics, people and weapons. The series exposes a shocking underworld that rewards greed and bloodshed while helping to fund the madness of terrorist regimes.
National Geographic Global Networks CEO Courteney Monroe said, “National Geographic has strived to bring the horrors of the ivory trade to the forefront of the global conversation in recent years. With ‘Blood Ivory’ (wt), we are hoping to craft a smart, relevant and riveting drama series that will not only be entertaining under the guidance of some of the best storytellers working today, but also drive home the importance of ending a senseless war on the animal kingdom.”
National Geographic Fellow and National Geographic magazine contributor Bryan Christy — a veteran reporter of wildlife trafficking wars and chief correspondent for the magazine’s new Special Investigations Unit — will consult on the project.”