- Strong 6.9 magnitude earthquake hits Tibet near India-China border
- Navy Says Genitalia Air Display 'Absolutely Unacceptable'
- Moody's Withdraws RCom's Corporate Family Rating On 'Default'
- Sushil Kumar strolls to national gold with three walkovers
- Madras High Court confirms two-year jail term of Natarajan in 1994 car import case
NGC in content deal with Chinese online video company Tencent
MUMBAI: Chinese online video company Tencent will air hundreds of hours of documentaries from National Geographic Channel from next year. The company did a deal with Fox International Channels (Fic).
Tencent Online Media Group president Sy Lau said, “One of our priorities is to introduce premium content in China. We are very pleased to form the partnership with FOX International Channels for National Geographic Channel programming. With NGC’s expertise on documentaries, we will co-develop programs focusing on this fast moving society”.
Fic China head Tony Qi said, “National Geographic Channel content is high quality, best in class programming that is designed to inspire viewers. We are excited that with Tencent’s extensive and innovative network, we will be able to bring NGC content to even a wider audience in China.”