- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
New season of ‘Doctor Who’ kicks off on BBC on 23 August
MUMBAI: The BBC has confirmed that the eighth season of the sci-fi drama ‘Doctor Who’ will land on BBC One on 23 August.
The feature-length premiere episode ‘Deep Breath’ will see Peter Capaldi take on one of TV’s most iconic roles as the Twelfth Doctor, alongside Jenna Coleman as his companion Clara.
A 15-second TV teaser showing a first-look glimpse of the new Doctor and Clara aired recently on BBC One.
The BBC also released the official image for the series.
Michelle Gomez will join the cast playing the Gatekeeper of the Nethersphere.
Gomez said: “Well of course Peter Capaldi is our next Doctor, which makes complete sense. I’m thrilled to join him. Well, you would be wouldn’t you?”
Lead writer, executive producer, Steven Moffat, added: “I’ve known Michelle for years, and I’m thrilled to welcome her to Doctor Who. She’s everything we need – brilliant, Scottish, and a tiny bit satanic.”