- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
New season of ‘Doctor Who’ kicks off on BBC on 23 August
MUMBAI: The BBC has confirmed that the eighth season of the sci-fi drama ‘Doctor Who’ will land on BBC One on 23 August.
The feature-length premiere episode ‘Deep Breath’ will see Peter Capaldi take on one of TV’s most iconic roles as the Twelfth Doctor, alongside Jenna Coleman as his companion Clara.
A 15-second TV teaser showing a first-look glimpse of the new Doctor and Clara aired recently on BBC One.
The BBC also released the official image for the series.
Michelle Gomez will join the cast playing the Gatekeeper of the Nethersphere.
Gomez said: “Well of course Peter Capaldi is our next Doctor, which makes complete sense. I’m thrilled to join him. Well, you would be wouldn’t you?”
Lead writer, executive producer, Steven Moffat, added: “I’ve known Michelle for years, and I’m thrilled to welcome her to Doctor Who. She’s everything we need – brilliant, Scottish, and a tiny bit satanic.”