- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
New deal sees ‘Britain’s Got Talent’ and ‘The X Factor’ on ITV until 2019
MUMBAI: UK broadcaster ITV has announced a new three-year deal for ‘Britain’s Got Talent’ and ‘The X Factor’, which will see two television formats continuing until at least 2019.
The agreement, with Syco Entertainment and FremantleMedia UK, extends ITV’s long-standing relationship with Simon Cowell for a further three years. The new partnership will commence with ‘Britain’s Got Talent’, followed by ‘The X Factor’ in 2017.
ITV director of television Kevin Lygo said, “ ‘Britain’s Got Talent’ and ‘The X Factor’ are both big, brilliant, wonderful shows and I am delighted that they will continue to take up their place as an important part of our schedule for the next three years. They are defining shows for us, ones that we are very proud to have as part of our entertainment slate, and they continue year after year, for months at a time, to be amongst the most popular and hugely entertaining formats on television.”
Cowell said, “I want to thank ITV for continuing to be fantastic partners. I’m delighted for the shows and, in particular, for all the talented people who work on them with us.”
Thames TV MD, FremantleMedia UK interim CEO Richard Holloway said, “I’m delighted that we are continuing our successful relationship with ITV for a further three years. We are immensely proud of ‘Britain’s Got Talent’ and ‘The X Factor’ and we look forward to entertaining viewers for years to come.”