- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Network18 hires Sachin Tagra as VP of Capital18 to drive investments in media
MUMBAI: Mukesh Ambani-controlled Network18 is looking at investment opportunities in the fast-growing media companies. The plan is to focus on businesses that need long-term investments to build their brands.
As a step in this direction, Capital18, the media investment arm of Network18 Group, has been on an aggressive hiring spree.
The company today announced the appointment of Sachin Tagra as VP of Capital18.
Tagra will oversee media for equity investments and initiatives across all platforms within the Group and will report to Puneet Singhvi, head – corporate development.
Capital18 is the venture capital and media investments division of Network18 Group focused on making investments in media, entertainment and technology ventures.
Commenting on his appointment, Tagra said, “I am excited to join Network18 Group and build the platform to invest its media assets into fast-growing companies. We will focus on businesses that need long term investments to build their brands. We will work closely with entrepreneurs to drive a high RoI on their media spends and contribute in scaling up their businesses.”
Prior to joining Network18, Sachin was AVP in Brand Capital, the strategic investment arm of Times Group where he focused on driving investments in early stage businesses. He had set up the Incubator Capital investment model. He was also responsible for BC GSV labs business, a JV of BCCL with Global Silicon Valley, US.
Sachin is a management graduate with 18 years of prolific business experiences and deep understanding of consumer, retail and media businesses. He has driven P&Ls of large businesses and made significant contributions in various organisations from the start-up phase of the business to profitable scaling up.