- Infosys MD & CEO Vishal Sikka resigns, Pravin Rao interim chief
- Rescue Hyderabad minor from Omani sheikh: Maneka Gandhi to Sushma Swaraj
- After SBI, now HDFC Bank and Yes Bank cut interest rate on savings
- Election Commissioner speaks out: 'Winning at all cost, without ethics, is new normal in politics'
- Karti Chidambaram says will appear before CBI on August 23, seeks protection
- USS Fitzgerald captain during collision that killed 7 to lose command
Netflix to launch in several European countries this year
MUMBAI: Internet TV service provider Netflix plans to significantly expand in Europe later this year, offering a wide-range of entertainment for a low monthly price in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, France, Belgium and Luxembourg.
Upon launch, broadband users in these countries can subscribe to Netflix and instantly watch a curated selection of Hollywood, local and global TV series and movies, including critically-acclaimed Netflix original series, whenever and wherever they like on TVs, tablets, phones, game consoles and computers.
Members can play, pause and resume watching series and films across devices, always without commercials or commitments. Using the unique Netflix recommendation engine, each member is presented a personalised list of titles to enjoy from Netflix.
Netflix claims to have over 48 million members in more than 40 countries enjoying more than one billion hours of TV shows and movies per month. The continued European expansion follows the launch of Netflix in the UK and Ireland, Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden (2012) and the Netherlands (2013).
People interested in becoming Netflix members in France, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Belgium and Luxembourg can go to www.netflix.com today and sign up to receive an e-mail alert when Netflix has launched.
Further details, including pricing, programming and supported devices will be available at a later date.