- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
NDTV launches ‘Unicorn Start-up Awards’
MUMBAI: NDTV has launched Unicorn Start-up Awards in association with Vestige and Indigo Nation to honour those who have enriched the market with simple ideas and some great execution.
The awards will witness the attendance of some of the biggest mentors and venture capitalists from the start-up space, including MakeMyTrip founder and CEO Deep Kalra and Shopclues & Droom founder Sandeep Aggarwal.
The awards event is an extension of NDTV’s series ‘Unicorn: Chasing the Start-up Dream’ that looks at the world of start-ups.
The awards will recognise the most credible dream-chasers who are going to change the way India does business. The jury panel will comprise NASSCOM president R Chandrashekhar, Limeroad founder and CEO Suchi Mukherjee and seasoned investor Raman Roy, to name a few.
Start-ups like Grofers, Oyo Rooms, Ola, FlipKart and Shopclues will compete for coveted titles. NDTV has tied up with NASSCOM 10,000 Start-ups, as knowledge partner for the awards, and with Tracxn, a start-up intelligence and market research platform, as research partner.
The evening will be hosted by Mandira Bedi, tech guru Rajiv Makhni and NDTV group CEO Vikram Chandra.
Chandra said, “We have entered a new business era of start-ups, and it could transform India. NDTV too has expanded its wings in the e-commerce arena and we are growing rapidly. ‘The Unicorn Start-Up Awards’ is our attempt to honour the unique ideas which have made a mark. From here on, we expect the awards to get bigger and better, and to be the benchmark for entrepreneur recognition.”
Makhni, the brainchild behind these awards, said, “From nascent ideas cooked up in a warehouse to booming ventures that are eating up market share and attracting consumers at breakneck speed, ‘NDTV Unicorn Start-Up Awards’ will lift the iron curtain off them all. This is the highest form of recognition for those that have blazed a trail of their own. This is the start-ups’ moment to shine and occupy centre stage on a prestigious platform like NDTV.”
The awards will be presented and the webcast will be live on ground on 29 July at the Taj Palace, New Delhi, 7 pm onwards.
- Bootstrapped Start-up of the Year: this category will award start-ups that are bootstrapped all the way and have made notable progress without external funding or support and own nothing outside of their start-up.
- New Kid on the Block: this category will award the start-up that has an exceptional idea and is now attempting to scale up into a business. It should be an original idea with the potential to disrupt the market.
- Dream-chaser of the Year: this category will award the start-up that has a concrete plan and is now scaling up through funding.
- Woman Entrepreneur of the Year: this category will recognise a start-up helmed by a woman entrepreneur which has disrupted the market.
- Health Start-up of the Year: this category includes health start-ups across wellness and fitness and more that have made an impact.
- Unicorn of the Year: this category will be awarded to the billion-dollar start-up or unicorn that has shown highest year-on-year growth in the financial year gone by.
- Start-up of the Future: this category will award the start-up that has the ability to be the next big thing and has a fantastic idea at its core and is looking at establishing itself in a developing market.
- Global Start-up of the Year: this category will award an international start-up that has revolutionised its segment and has shown remarkable growth in the last financial year.
- Start-up Mentor of the Year: this category will recognise an investor, a big shark, an incubator, which has funded start-ups. This individual or venture capital firm will be awarded for great investment acumen and success rate.
- Good Samaritan of the Year: this category will award start-ups that are making a social impact through their idea.
- People’s Start-up of the Year: this will be the only category thrown open to public voting through a microsite and will not be part of the jury’s decision-making process. This convenience start-up will be awarded for pleasing consumers through great service, marketing, and brand retention.
- Start-up Person of the Year: this category will award and recognise Indian personalities who have played an important role in shaping India’s start-up sector. He or she could be a government representative, a leading investor, a Unicorn founder.
- Brand Ambassador of the Year- this category will award the person who has upheld his/her responsibilities as a start- up brand ambassador and is a true start-up evangelist.