- Disney set to take driver’s seat in India with the addition of Star, Tata Sky
- DishTV launches new offers in Tamil Nadu
- Nothing is finalised on pay hike of Indian cricketers: CK Khanna
- Exit polls predict BJP victory in Gujarat, Himachal Pradesh elections
- Govt. clears Bill banning instant triple talaq
- Congress Request Ahead of Gujarat Poll Counting Rejected By Supreme Court
‘NCIS’ is most-watched TV show globally; ‘Meri Aaashiqui Tume Se Hi’ loses
MUMBAI: The winners of the 2017 edition of the ‘International TV Audience Awards’ were revealed at the 57th Golden Nymph Awards Ceremony at the Grimaldi Forum in Monaco. ‘NCIS’ is the most-watched show TV show globally.
Programmes delivering the highest ratings worldwide in 2016 across five continents were rewarded in three categories: “Drama TV Series”, “Comedy TV Series”, and “Telenovelas / Soap Operas”.
The winners were chosen based on the total of TV ratings of the best performing episodes of the nominees in the broadcast countries among the 61 countries included in the survey, i.e. about three billion potential viewers.
An Indian show, ‘Meri Aaashiqui Tume Se Hi’, lost in the telenovela category.
Drama TV Series:
This programme gathered 47.1 million viewers worldwide in 2016.
The other nominees were ‘Criminal Minds’ (USA) and ‘The X-Files’ (USA).
Comedy TV Series:
The Big Bang Theory (USA)
This programme gathered 39.8 million viewers worldwide in 2016.
The other nominees were ‘Modern Family’ (USA) and ‘Svaty’ (Ukraine).
Telenovelas / Soap Operas:
The Bold And The Beautiful (USA)
This programme gathered 13.1 million viewers worldwide in 2016.
The other nominees were Beni Affet (Turkey) and Meri Aaashiqui Tume Se Hi (India).