- Rajasthan govt's criminal laws ordinance challenged in HC
- Flipkart in talks with Swiggy, UrbanClap and UrbanLadder for buyouts
- UGC decision may reduce SC/ST, OBC faculty posts
- Supreme Court asks government to consider regulating playing of National Anthem
- Asthana's appointment destroying CBI's independence: Prashant Bhushan
- Bilkis Bano case: SC asks Gujarat to apprise it on departmental action against convicted policemen
‘NCIS’ is most-watched TV show globally; ‘Meri Aaashiqui Tume Se Hi’ loses
MUMBAI: The winners of the 2017 edition of the ‘International TV Audience Awards’ were revealed at the 57th Golden Nymph Awards Ceremony at the Grimaldi Forum in Monaco. ‘NCIS’ is the most-watched show TV show globally.
Programmes delivering the highest ratings worldwide in 2016 across five continents were rewarded in three categories: “Drama TV Series”, “Comedy TV Series”, and “Telenovelas / Soap Operas”.
The winners were chosen based on the total of TV ratings of the best performing episodes of the nominees in the broadcast countries among the 61 countries included in the survey, i.e. about three billion potential viewers.
An Indian show, ‘Meri Aaashiqui Tume Se Hi’, lost in the telenovela category.
Drama TV Series:
This programme gathered 47.1 million viewers worldwide in 2016.
The other nominees were ‘Criminal Minds’ (USA) and ‘The X-Files’ (USA).
Comedy TV Series:
The Big Bang Theory (USA)
This programme gathered 39.8 million viewers worldwide in 2016.
The other nominees were ‘Modern Family’ (USA) and ‘Svaty’ (Ukraine).
Telenovelas / Soap Operas:
The Bold And The Beautiful (USA)
This programme gathered 13.1 million viewers worldwide in 2016.
The other nominees were Beni Affet (Turkey) and Meri Aaashiqui Tume Se Hi (India).