- Tata Group To End All Business Dealings With Cyrus Mistry's Family Firms
- GJM supremo discharged in Madan Tamang murder case
- Trinamool Congress leading in municipal polls
- CoA tells Supreme Court: Sack BCCI's top three office-bearers
- Chandigarh: 10-year-old rape survivor denied abortion by Supreme Court gives birth to a girl
- Gujarat police officers Amin and Barot quit
- After controversy, DD denies blacking out Tripura CM, says speech was aired
- Sierra Leone mourns 100 children among dead in massive flooding
NBCUniversal in licensing deal with Black White Orange
MUMBAI: Media conglomerate NBCUniversal is getting its popular brands like Jurassic World, Minions and Fast and Furious to India.
NBCUniversal’s consumer products division has signed a licensing and merchandising deal with Mumbai-based Black White Orange Brands to bring its brands to South Asia, Economic Times has reported.
Black White Orange will handle licensing of NBCUniversal’s entire portfolio in India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Nepal and Maldives, the report said.
Black White Orange is a brand licensing startup and has attracted investments from cricketer Yuvraj Singh’s YouWeCan Ventures. It offers solutions for brands across sports, entertainment and lifestyle.
NBCUniversal had met other companies including Viacom18 and Turner International.
Black White Orange CEO Bhavik Vora was quoted in the report. “While Minions is one of their biggest properties, we presented a strategy around the mother brand Universal. We want to create the entire Universal experience at retail and build their other classic properties like Jaws or Back to Future and so on. In future if they plan to set up a studio here it is important for them to build brand Universal in India,” he said.