- Hathway’s cable TV and broadband capex to be Rs 270 cr in FY18
- Cut in interconnect charge may boost RIL's EPS by 8%
- Package soon to boost economy; no cuts in fuel rates: Arun Jaitley
- Global child bride racket busted in Hyderabad, 20 arrested
- Tracked so far: Rs 75 crore in Dera bank accounts
- Violence in Tripura: Journalist hacked to death, sec 144 imposed
NBCUniversal in licensing deal with Black White Orange
MUMBAI: Media conglomerate NBCUniversal is getting its popular brands like Jurassic World, Minions and Fast and Furious to India.
NBCUniversal’s consumer products division has signed a licensing and merchandising deal with Mumbai-based Black White Orange Brands to bring its brands to South Asia, Economic Times has reported.
Black White Orange will handle licensing of NBCUniversal’s entire portfolio in India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Nepal and Maldives, the report said.
Black White Orange is a brand licensing startup and has attracted investments from cricketer Yuvraj Singh’s YouWeCan Ventures. It offers solutions for brands across sports, entertainment and lifestyle.
NBCUniversal had met other companies including Viacom18 and Turner International.
Black White Orange CEO Bhavik Vora was quoted in the report. “While Minions is one of their biggest properties, we presented a strategy around the mother brand Universal. We want to create the entire Universal experience at retail and build their other classic properties like Jaws or Back to Future and so on. In future if they plan to set up a studio here it is important for them to build brand Universal in India,” he said.