- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
NBCUniversal in licensing deal with Black White Orange
MUMBAI: Media conglomerate NBCUniversal is getting its popular brands like Jurassic World, Minions and Fast and Furious to India.
NBCUniversal’s consumer products division has signed a licensing and merchandising deal with Mumbai-based Black White Orange Brands to bring its brands to South Asia, Economic Times has reported.
Black White Orange will handle licensing of NBCUniversal’s entire portfolio in India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Nepal and Maldives, the report said.
Black White Orange is a brand licensing startup and has attracted investments from cricketer Yuvraj Singh’s YouWeCan Ventures. It offers solutions for brands across sports, entertainment and lifestyle.
NBCUniversal had met other companies including Viacom18 and Turner International.
Black White Orange CEO Bhavik Vora was quoted in the report. “While Minions is one of their biggest properties, we presented a strategy around the mother brand Universal. We want to create the entire Universal experience at retail and build their other classic properties like Jaws or Back to Future and so on. In future if they plan to set up a studio here it is important for them to build brand Universal in India,” he said.