- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
NBC renews variety show ‘I Can Do That’ for a second season
MUMBAI: US broadcaster NBC’s new variety series ‘I Can Do That’ has been given a second-season order for eight episodes.
NBC Entertainment president alternative and late night programming Paul Telegdy said, “This series thrust our celebrities out of their comfort zones and into exciting, unpredictable situations and they rose to the occasion each week,” said Telegdy. “We are thrilled to bring new challenges and up the ante for season two.”
In the first season six American entertainers came together to compete and showcase their talents with acts, featuring skills they did not even know they had.
In each episode and in front of a live audience, the six cast members entered a friendly rivalry as they chose their favourite act – what they thought they could master – and who they wanted to pair up with to master that act.
Once they had made their selection, the duos made their way into the training studio where they worked with their expert coach for five days to produce an amazing act. After the week of intensive training, the celebrities returned to the stage to perform their act in hopes of scoring the top slot on that night’s scoreboard. Acts included The Blue Man Group, Penn and Teller, The Harlem Globetrotters, Avenue Q and Snoop Dogg.
With no judges or eliminations, ‘I Can Do That’ allows the cast to show off their untapped talents and enjoy a little friendly competition along the way. At the conclusion of the season, based on audience votes, one cast member is revealed as the season’s ultimate entertainer. Nicole Scherzinger was the first season’s entertainer.