- Honeypreet's bail plea: Delhi High court reserves order, asks her to surrender
- MIB seeks compliance report from Arasu on digitisation
- Pakistan court to indict Nawaz Sharif on October 2 in corruption cases
- Narendra Modi's 16000 cr Saubhagya scheme for households
- 894 dengue cases in New Delhi over last week
- SBI cuts minimum balance requirement in savings account to Rs 3000
- Malegaon blast accused Major Ramesh Upadhyay gets bail from Bombay High Court
NBA plans annual lecture in memory of former CJI JS Verma
NEW DELHI: The News Broadcasters Association (NBA) has decided to organise an annual memorial lecture to honour former CJI JS Verma, who died in April last year.
Verma was the first chairperson of the News Broadcasting Standards Authority (NBSA), the independent self-regulation body set up by the NBA to consider and adjudicate upon complaints about broadcasts.
The theme of the memorial lecture will be ‘Freedom and Responsibility of Media.’
“As a tribute to Justice JS Verma, former Chief Justice of India and Chairperson NHRC and the first chairperson of the NBSA, the NBA has decided to hold a yearly memorial lecture on the theme ‘Freedom and Responsibility of Media,” NBA said in a statement.
Verma also headed a government-appointed committee to frame a tough law to tackle crime against women in the wake of the Delhi gang rape incident in December 2012 and submitted his recommendations in record time.