- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
Natl Geo Channels Intl greenlights news shows from London content hub
MUMBAI: Infotainment broadcaster National Geographic Channels International (NGCI) has announced the latest greenlights from its global content hub in London.
Collaborating with UK production house Twofour, NGCI has commissioned the new two-part special ‘90s Greatest’. Slated for August, ‘90s Greatest’ premieres as part of a global television event dedicated to the decade that connected the world.
NGCI has also announced the new co-production ‘Rosetta: Comet Landing’ from DSP. Premiering this year, ‘Rosetta: Comet Landing’ follows one of the most complex and ambitious space missions ever undertaken: land a spacecraft on a speeding comet and ride it towards the sun.
NGCI will also air 9/11 Rescue Cops (1×60) from Testimony Films, premiering in September. The riveting special shares the extraordinary untold story of the heroism and sacrifice of the New York Police Department’s elite rescue squad – the Emergency Service Unit – on 9/11.
NGCI executive VP, head of international content Hamish Mykura said, “NGCI is the home of great contemporary history and science, illuminating the pinnacle triumphs and darkest moments that have shaped our world today, and the exciting technological breakthroughs that will usher in a new age of exploration”.
‘90s Greatest shares the world’s best football moments and biggest tragedies. The ‘90s Greatest: Tragedies explores the lost lives, natural disasters and terrifying acts that forever changed our world – from the devastating death of Princess Diana to the brutal shooting of Italian designer Gianni Versace.
‘90s Greatest: Football Moments (airing in Nat Geo’s European territories) captures a decade that saw football go supernova with an influx of glamour, money and around the clock television coverage. From Gascoigne’s tears and Cantona’s infamous Kung-fu kick, and Dennis Bergkamp’s World Cup wonder-goal, incredible moments propel the sport to new heights.