- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Nat Geo to unravel the ‘Secrets of World War’ from 2 Aug
MUMBAI: Infotainment broadcaster National Geographic Channel will air ‘Secrets of World War 1’ to commemorate 100 years of the first World War.
Kicking off on 2 August, the show will air on Saturday and Sunday at 10 pm. It will take viewers to war time and witness Triple Entente and Triple Alliance, the two clans of the historic war. This is the first time that the World War 1 footage will be seen in colour.
Through the four episodes – ‘Fury’, ‘Hell’, ‘Rage’ and ‘Deliverance’ – ‘Secrets of World War 1’ will showcase the effect of the war on the world.
The series will kick off with ‘Fury’ which takes you back to 1914 where the German troops are nearing Paris. The subsequent episodes take you to different parts of Europe giving viewers a closer look and feel of war.
NGC Network and Fox International Channels said VP marketing and communications Debarpita Banerjee said, “On the historic occasion of 100 years since the first world war, Nat Geo is proud to present this classic documentary revealing exclusive footage in color for the first time on Indian Television.”
Samsung Galaxy Tab has partnered with NGC on this show. Talking about the partnership, Debarpita added, “As we gear up to air World War 1 footage in color for the first time on Indian Television, we are happy to partner with Samsung which is known for giving consumers unique experience with innovation in technology.”