- '84 riots: SC forms body to examine SIT decision to close 199 cases
- China Uses Chequebook Diplomacy To Sideline India In Nepal
- NDRF rescues 28000, including 6 pregnant women, from floods
- Rahul Gandhi launches Indira Canteen project in Bengaluru
- Just by fulfilling its commitment to SC, Trai can bring down mobile call rates by half
- Google to Pay Apple $3 Billion to Remain Default iOS Device Search Engine
- Daniel Craig confirmed as 007 in upcoming James Bond film Bond 25
Nat Geo to unravel the ‘Secrets of World War’ from 2 Aug
MUMBAI: Infotainment broadcaster National Geographic Channel will air ‘Secrets of World War 1’ to commemorate 100 years of the first World War.
Kicking off on 2 August, the show will air on Saturday and Sunday at 10 pm. It will take viewers to war time and witness Triple Entente and Triple Alliance, the two clans of the historic war. This is the first time that the World War 1 footage will be seen in colour.
Through the four episodes – ‘Fury’, ‘Hell’, ‘Rage’ and ‘Deliverance’ – ‘Secrets of World War 1’ will showcase the effect of the war on the world.
The series will kick off with ‘Fury’ which takes you back to 1914 where the German troops are nearing Paris. The subsequent episodes take you to different parts of Europe giving viewers a closer look and feel of war.
NGC Network and Fox International Channels said VP marketing and communications Debarpita Banerjee said, “On the historic occasion of 100 years since the first world war, Nat Geo is proud to present this classic documentary revealing exclusive footage in color for the first time on Indian Television.”
Samsung Galaxy Tab has partnered with NGC on this show. Talking about the partnership, Debarpita added, “As we gear up to air World War 1 footage in color for the first time on Indian Television, we are happy to partner with Samsung which is known for giving consumers unique experience with innovation in technology.”