- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
Nat Geo kicks off football fever with slew of shows
MUMBAI: Ringing in the Fifa World Cup 2014, National Geographic Channel is launching a slew of shows that will showcase the best of football throughout the gaming season.
The shows aim to deliver a combination of facts and fun from the world and history of football. The first show to be launched is ‘My Beautiful Game’ on 13 June at 9 pm.
Airing every Friday, Saturday and Sunday, the series will bring together the best of the game including top goals, most talented players, best saves, best stadiums and the worst goals. Featured in the series are popular faces from the world of football and entertainment like David Beckham, Robert Di Matteo and Glee star Mathew Morrison.
The series will be followed by a documentary capturing football’s best moments in the 1980s and a sneak peek into the factory of world’s most popular game, EA Sports Fifa, in a special episode of ‘Mega Factories’.
NGC Networks and Fox International Channels VP of marketing and communication Debarpita Banerjee said, “With the onset of the football season, this is the time to celebrate the world’s most beautiful game. At Nat Geo, we want to give that extra kick to the football fanatics in the country by bringing to them the best of football and everything that surrounds the sport. Right from the biggest players to the craziest moments in the history of football, these special features will ensure the football freaks get enough and more of their favourite game this season.”