- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Muthoot Group is ISL referee, fair play sponsor for 3rd straight year
MUMBAI: The Muthoot Group has announced its continued association as the official referee and fair play sponsor of the Indian Super League (ISL) for the third consecutive year.
Unveiling the Muthoot Group Fair Play Award Trophy, designed in the shape of a gold coloured whistle, The Muthoot Group director Alexander George Muthoot said: “The significance of the trophy is that it represents the concept of fair play and the innate values of our brand and the game. We have always been in the forefront to promote sports and celebrate sportsmanship. Our involvement with the Hero Indian Super League goes beyond business as the concept of fair play reflects the congruence of The Muthoot Group’s principles of ethics, values, reliability, dependability, trustworthiness, integrity and goodwill with the values espoused by the game.”
The Muthoot Group has created a Muthoot Fair Play Anthem and Pledge in a video that features marquee players from each team performing a signature step to the rhythmic beats of the anthem. This will be telecast on numerous channels including Star Sports and other network channels.
To commemorate the league, The Muthoot Group is also producing limited-edition HISL gold coins with The Muthoot Group Fair Play Award and Official Referee Partner – HISL logo on the face of the coin and The Muthoot Group logo on the obverse. The Muthoot and ISL special gold coin launch will also be shown in the pre-match programming.
The 11 week football league, scheduled from 1 October to 18 December 2016, will feature Indian and international players in eight teams playing 61 matches in eight cities across the country.
In the past, The Muthoot Group was also associated with the Indian Premier League (Delhi Daredevils) and Cochin International Half Marathon.